You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A new word found 'Modivation'

Members,
    We are proud that our Prime Minister Modi visited our borders at Ladakh and Leh after the incident took place in our borders where we lost an Army Officer and 20 Jawans. He visited the site and the hospital where our injured jawans are being treated. He fed sweet to each and every officer and soldier by his own hand. And he delivered an inspiring speech that motivated all the officers and men of the Indian Armed Forces. This has sent a signal to the enemy that India is ready to face any challenge to safeguard the territory of India. This has been appreciated by the world nations.

His approach and speech were very motivating. Hence I would like the word Motivation to be changed to Modivation.

Your comments and views, please.

This is my 7/15 thread (7th July 2020) for ISCs' 13th Birthday challenge contest.
    SuN, I appreciate you for the improvisation of the word Motivation with linking to current situations.
    There are similar improvisations with regard Sri Narendra Modi coined by people in appreciation and by critics in a way to oppose hm. 'Modi'fied, or "Modi'fy, Modinomics are examples . Then there was the slogan 'Howdy Modi' in US.

If we see in the History many words were formed after the great leaders. When we say he is a maoist then the word is based on the great Chinese leader Mao. Similarly today Mr Modi is slowly and gradually becoming a leader of global status and his following is increasing day by day. In that situation words would definitely be made after him and in that process people would use those words to represent his character. I would suggest that let motivation remain in the dictionary as it is as Mr Modi is not such a personality that we would make a word after him as a replacement and let us make modivation itself a new world which could one day become more powerful and impressive than motivation. Once we and other writers use this new word it would soon become much popular and dictionaries would incorporate it also.
    Knowledge is power.

Certainly whenever our PM Modi speaks, we have to listen it carefully for many reasons that he talks sense and to the point, he comes with punching statements and of course a new word to ponder over. This time he chose the word of Existentialism by attacking China which wants to grab every inch of land belonging to India and other countries abetting it and thus through this word he made a great appeal to the world leaders to have caution on China approach and he also given the required boost for our army and soldiers to get ready for any eventually. Therefore his motivation has become Modivation for everyone.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Our PM is a good speaker and has always motivated people. Be it atmanirbhar means Self_Reliant or Make in India, etc. Whenever there is an attack or some mishaps take place, we would like our leaders to visit that place and give hope to them so that their family is consoled and relieved for their hard work. The same was seen during the last Lok-sabha election, our PM had washed the feet of migrant workers which showed his love for them and down to earth personality but during the COVID-19 or pandemic time when they needed support from the centre, they were left free to walk kilometres to reach their homes barefoot. Do we need to run into conclusion when we can see the breeze flowing without having its firm stand on one thing? It is not the right time to play the blame game or pour flattery words but a social responsibility to be with our force to support them if not physically but mentally.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Varghese,
    Just feel that you are the PM of our country. What you would have done during such a pandemic situation. How you would have handled and helped the millions of migrant workers to reach their home?

No life without Sun

New words are always coined after the great leaders who have capability to impress the masses with their deeds and character. I think Mr Modi is one of that type only. I would feel happy if more such words are coined in his praise.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

New words will come into use like this only. Really I liked the new word 'Modivation'. in place of Motivation. We can say motivation carried out by anyone following the way of Modi can be called Modivation. Otherwise, it can be treated as a similar word to Motivation.
    During the 1980s and 1990s, we were having a soft drink called Gold spot. The drink is very popular. In their adds that company converted Golddpot a noun as a verb and they created a slogan: "Have you goldspotted today". "Goldspotting is my hobby."
    In this way, many new words will see daylight and become popular.

drrao
    always confident

I fully agree with Mr.Sun. Our Prime Minister is the word "Motivation" personified. Hence your new derived word "Modivation" is perfect and appropriate.

I too had this same feeling of motivation and respect for him which i have mentioned on the day of Modi ji visit to Leh and Ladakh.

Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

SuN (#702480),

Imagining and working in the situation is different as I can imagine anything but when am working, may not be that efficient. During any crisis or pandemic, it is not that only PM is working, he has a set or group of people, panel or professionals form advocates, doctors, economists, analysts, programmers, businessman, religious leaders, media house, journalists, educationalist, actors, NGOs, police, etc that work on the situation. Many things have to be planned before announcing or putting forward in the public.

The same group in the opposition had spoken boldly about the hike in petrol, diesel and LPG and they had stressed that if they come to power, they will reduce the price. Now if you check, the price of these goods is increasing day by day. Can you ask me to just imagine and tell how or what I would have done? No doubt, our PM is a great speaker or motivator and his speech or talks are motivational or as you raised "Modivational" but we need to talk about its action and its benefit to the common man.

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Varghese,
    Modi is also a human being. He did not get an education on how to handle a pandemic. I would say he has done his best to stop the spread of COVID by announcing lockdown and other measures. At the same time, his government is duty-bound to keep the economy of this country. It is the utter indiscipline of the public that let the pandemic grow in our land. It is the don't care attitude of the public that we are witnessing the growing Corona in our land.

At this juncture, Corona clubbed with our border issue, it is not prudent for the opposition to make unnecessary noise over the issues. The public is happy, but the opposition leaders are not happy. We are to care for three things now.
    1.To stop Corona
    2 To maintain Economy
    3.To safeguard our territory

We are moving in the right direction despite the odds. Modi won't care SG, RG, PC, and MMS.

No life without Sun

SuN(#702981),

Every person is in power or opposition or common man are human and expect good for them and the country. When you say, he did not get an education on how to handle a pandemic, did anyone get it beforehand, No!, everyone heard it for the first time and fighting hard to stay alive or overcome it.
    At the same time, his government is duty-bound to keep the economy of this country. When you pass this statement, can the opposition say that even during our governance, we were responsible to keep the economy of this country but your party objected in everything, so opposing will always be there but you have to provide a good report and present well in front of people.
    At this juncture, it is not prudent for the opposition to make unnecessary noise over the issues. The same applies that at this point when many don't have jobs and fighting hard to make both ends meet, raising the price of fuel is not a solution as it affects every other thing ( food, vegetables, fruits, groceries, etc)
    The public is happy, but the opposition leaders are not happy. It cannot be said as we have a mixed report as we had with the former government so I would not give this conclusion.
    We are to care for three things now. 1. To stop Corona, 2 To maintain Economy and 3.To safeguard our territory. It is very true and everyone needs to do it that includes the government and people.

• Sign In to post your comments