You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Love Yourself - The best gift you can give to yourself

Did you listen to the song of Justin Bieber - Love Yourself? After listening, It made me come up with this thread which we all have forgotten. We all have some defects that we hate and let down as we feel that others are more superior to us and have better qualities or personalities making us exasperated.

When we start loving ourself, we feel confident, start taking care of our self by eating right, exercising, enjoying what we do, pamper ourself, learn new things for self-improvement, likes our own company, etc. You don't feel left out or concerned about what others think of you. It is like having a self-start button that works automatically without the need for others to nudge/motivate you.

We are so busy in our daily life that we take care of others but forget to love ourself and this is what exhausts us at the end. Let us start loving ourself and be a self fragrance for ourself that will keep on spreading its sweet smell everywhere you pass-by. Do you love yourself or experienced enjoying your own company? Do share your thoughts on the post.

(My 7th entry for the ISC 13th Birthday Special - A thread a day challenge )
    Well said, but I am really confused about how I am going to love myself. Many times I have heard others using the same term. Caring for your own and addressing your concerns are very important and I appreciate the author for reminding us all these things in this thread. But can it be classified as self-love? I am not sure. Every individual is different and one cannot be just like the other person. We all need to understand that. You need to take care of yourself and give your best when you are doing something. This we all should do.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

When we create love, we cannot create hatred. Love is a positive quality and thus, all sorts of negative or evil qualities such as hate, jealousy, ego vanishes. Loving oneself means keeping oneself free from negativity. Not a single thought of negativity we can allow to linger our minds. When we do not think negative, we cannot transform that into words or actions. We will feel good about ourself as we will be in our original state and will always feel happy, peaceful, contented and blissful. Soon love will become our fragrance. We can spread it externally into the world wherever we go and give it to whoever we meet.

I think loving oneself means caring for oneself and creating time for self. Relaxing with oneself, enjoying music or reading a book in isolation sometimes brings peace and tranquility in our life. Many people are able to survive in isolation because they love themselves.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

If we are not caring for myself who will take care of me. I know about me better than anybody else. So I know where I have to correct myself and where I can improve further. So I can correct myself. If you have no liking for you can't care for yourselves. It is true that once we start loving ourselves, we will be more confident and we will have more faith in us.
    drrao
    always confident

Generally we all love ourselves first. Otherwise why should we take good food, wear good clothes, take medicines when we are ill? We protect ourselves from rain and sun, and take care of ourselves in all ways, always.
    But there are some rare occasions for people when they just feel that they are not worth for anything and blame themselves for all the wrong happening, curse themselves and do not see worth in living. That is called depression. If not treated and taken care by others or by self by taking professional treatment, then this may lead to various consequences including suicidal tendencies. So one should always love self and have self-confidence and even in times of failure should not fall into despair or start self-loathing and self-hating.
    If there is one reason to feel bad of ourselves, there are other hundred reasons for loving ourselves.

Sankalan(#702471),
    Loving ourself doesn't mean to overlook or proud of our weakness but to understand that you are also perfect. Love the way you are will help you to be at ease and never understimate ones own capability and capacity.

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

To the question posed by the author I must say- Yes, I love myself. I keep a mirror by my side always, while sleeping so that when I wake up I could start my day by looking at my own self. I have been doing this since I was in fifth standard. Previously, when I was a kid I enjoyed doing this while my mother appreciated me watching me doing this.
    But today, when I stand on the ramp facing the camera, lights and a huge audience in front of me, I realize I can face them because I have loved myself since my childhood which has injected a good confidence level in me.

Let's enlighten paths with the ray of knowledge.
    Monika Kushwaha

Loving self is the best way to appreciate even the small progress which not done yesterday and that is being achieved today should be appreciated self and then noticed by others. By the way others giving appreciation for our work may be having a motive or for the purpose of pleasing us and that kind of appreciation we are not yearning. What we want a genuine pat for the good achievement and that would definitely add our performance graph to go much higher in next attempt of new things. Some times I re arrange the things in the home much to the satisfaction of me but when it is good I get a pat from other house members too.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

We all have flaws and some get inferiority complex because of it but we need to understand that everyone has some or other defect. Some are introvert, some extrovert, some rude, some stubborn, some short-tempered, some talkative, some shy, some overconfident some very nervous, some over charming, etc but they carry themself with ease and do not worry about it. If we can love ourself, we will try to overcome our weakness and be a better person.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

• Sign In to post your comments