You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Group Discussions

Ice Breaking - Let's do it

Ice breaking is all about breaking the silence and initiating a new work among a group of people present together at a time.
    The silence which is broken could be a result of nervousness, a result of being introvert, a situation arising out of over protectiveness towards conserving time, or due to considering oneself aloof from the group. Many other reasons might be there behind this.
    Let's practice today this ice breaking.
    All what we have to do is to tell about the qualities of any member of ISC but it shouldn't be you. We all are living together for so long, sharing our thoughts with each other, praising and appreciating each other and like a family we are always together standing next to each other with all support and wishes in heart.
    In every thread and forum we participate and share our views. Keeping in mind the views usually shared by a particular person we can easily identify some wonderful qualities of that person.
    Now you have to share some similar kind of qualities and thoughts about any other member of our family of ISC.

This is my entry to A Thread A Day Challenge
    With the permission of the author, if she doesn't mind,
    Have something about a member who is in my mind,
    A member whose name is memorable
    From a song I enjoy from the film "Caravan"
    A sweet-looking young member on a swing
    With a beautiful smile with hair curlings
    An eight-year-old young irregular member
    Now active and busy since 4th June, I remember
    I wish the member all the best at ISC

Let the members guess who is this member.

No life without Sun

All members are excellent. I don't think we should single out someone to discuss his qualities and characteristics by observing his views in his posts and threads.

Break the ice is used where you are sharing your time with strangers and conversation is strained. Neither you nor they're comfortable where a strange situation is permeated and you take initiative to break this weird silence to make them feel free to speak.

We have been taking part in discussion continuously for a long Time and I don't think if we are in a situation of ice breaking. Ain't we..?

Sun,
    Thank you sir for such a beautiful appreciation. After such a long time now I remember that the pic of mine has curly hair, now I have Straight hair. I had been quite busy past few years with the different jobs and interests I pursue; all being totally opposite to each other I have to practice a lot. Still with your suggestion I would certainly like to continue my work in ISC on a continuous basis now.

Let's enlighten paths with the ray of knowledge.
    Monika Kushwaha

Arafaturzaffar,
    Sir ice breaking is not always done I'm strangers. Many celebrations including family and professional celebrations like success parties always start with ice breaking contests just to boost the confidence of all and creating a high team spirit among team members of an institute and emotional attachment among family members. Even students of a class are told by teachers to start projects and competitions with ice breaking contests and its a well known fact that all students of a class are quite friendly to each other, and are not strangers.

Monika Kushwaha

All the members here are good and excellent. I can't differentiate between the people. In some aspects, they may have difference of opinions but in the majority of issues, they agree with each other. So discussing specifically about a person may be very difficult for me here. Like in any group there are different types of people here also but all of them are good and like each other.
    drrao
    always confident

My dear Fellow ISCian,
    The author of this thread has come up with an interesting thing to please us.
    Why should we disappoint the author?
    Instead of trying for a new member from ISC,
    Just try and appreciate and praise this author member
    By your good words. Have a good look at my words.
    I would say that she is the best ISCian,
    You also say the same thing.
    No Problem. You are happy, and she is also happy.
    Finally, the whole of ISC is damn happy

No life without Sun

All the members are excellent and different in each other opinions. Every day new forum threads are emerging and it is active contributions of all the members which made the site a wonderful experience. Maintain good terms with all the members of the site and mention the members who have done great work when the time arrives. Congratulate each member for their wonderful posts and comments and their long term contribution in this site.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

All creatures of god are wonderful and beautiful, still we praise each other as we know appreciation infuses enthusiasm. Nature is mesmerizing and everybody knows that still we praise it everyday. Do you know why ?
    Because praising is an art and only humans are blessed with it. If we want to retain an art we need to practice it regularly otherwise we will forget it one day, not the art but how to practice it.
    I hope I have answered everyone's questions and assertions even.

Monika Kushwaha

Appreciation should not be criticism. If the appreciation pleases the minds of the members, we should not hesitate to appreciate it. Out of all the members, you will have a special member that you may like. This fact cannot be denied. You may have all the members on your lip, but very few members in your heart.

I sincerely write that I have one ISC member who is very lovely and lively. He is Mr. Venkiteswaran from Kerala. He is a well-matured member. I like his threads and the way he responds to others' threads. His language is very simple, decent and understandable. I consider him as my Guru at ISC. We can learn a lot from this member.

Mr Venkiteswaran, I salute You.

No life without Sun

In fact every member has the niche to create their own presence in this site with their creative way of writing. Mere presence is not that important but what the content appears is most important. The way the content is created with creative thought process not there in other members. And I have been seeing the growth of the member since long years and the member has the niche to create good going in this site. Probably for this very reason the member has been given huge responsibility and the way the member take along everyone through the threads is amazing and she is none other than Managing Editor Vandana.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Very pleased to see members opening their heart. I said it and Mohan followed suit.
    Monika, The ice is broken. Be happy to see many more ice breakers.

ISC is also ICE when you pronounce it.

No life without Sun

Sun,
    Sir, You always come out with different approaches towards every thread which is posted. Not only this you appreciate members every time and make them feel proud. By doing this you induce an enthusiasm in them. Glad to know sir about the deep respect and your consideration of Mr. Venkiteswaran as a mentor. His threads are really thought provoking and leave an impact on our minds.
    K. Mohan sir,
    Every time I have posted a thread you are there with some beautiful responses. You come out with every detail by synchronizing them in an inter connected way. Every response posted by you is unique and is without repetition of thoughts.
    I am blessed you joined the thread telling about a person who is beautiful at her heart- Vandana Ma'am. She is a supporter and is always there to help us whenever we are in some problem whether it's related to posting or creating a hyperlink.

Monika Kushwaha

You have raised an interesting thread but there are so many good members here and it is a bit difficult to choose the one who is outstanding in our perception. Liking and disliking are personal matters and cannot be shared on a public platform. Even distinguishing them based on their knowledge is also alike difficult proposition. It is difficult to do that at least for me. At this juncture at the most what I can say is I am impressed by your writings and their softness and flowing narration and I think I like it and of course I adore you also. All the best and stay here for long.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Neeru,
    There is nothing wrong if you come out with the name of a person whom you like. especially in a virtual site like this. There has to be a 'The best' in your heart among the members of ISC.
    If someone asks me who is your favorite heroine, I would openly say that she is 'Padmini' a great actress. Which is the best car I like - is also 'Padmini'. Who is the ISC's female member you like? I would say 'Padmini', because she bears a good name that I like. The same is the case here. Don't be diplomatic to break the ice of Monika.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments