You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

The habit of saving Passwords

We all are working people and most of them are either remember their passwords and some of them are saving their passwords either in online or in browsers. Online Banking has emerged and most of them are doing their transactions online. Saving passwords in paper or any modern app, it will be very risky to maintain as there will be cyber attacks in the internet world and Attackers are tracking your information. Does anyone have the habit of saving Passwords online or in Browsers?. Has anyone been to Cyber Attacks?. Lend me your suggestions and views on the topic.
    This is my entry for ISC 13th Birthday Special- A thread a day challenge
    Very true. Remembering the password of a banking app, email, Facebook, other apps is very difficult, and at times when they ask to change the same at regular intervals. I have this bad habit of not writing or noting it anywhere as I remember the same for some days and later have to reset the password. I do write some of the passwords on a paper for convenience and of my banking apps on a small chit and have placed it inside the mobile cover. I only write one letter and the other are symbols as it helps me to recall the password. Even if the chit is lost, it won't help the attacker or the finder as the chit is just a hint and not the password completely.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

I write all my passwords in a book and that will be in my bookshelf in my house and nobody is having an axis for that. In that bookshelf I have a number of books and searching all those books is very difficult. So it is very difficult to find out or stole them from my physical library. Another secret is there in that write-up. I will not write the password as it is. But I write using some code and I remember that code so that I can unlock the passwords. This is the way to remember them without any problem. More and more passwords and becoming very difficult to remember them.
    drrao
    always confident

I maintain a piece of paper which is always be there in my purse and the pass words are decoded in Tamil language so that no our could understand even if they get hold that piece of paper. Never I would save the pass words on line and never share to any one. The online banking is sought to change the password often. In that case writing the same in some book is the best way to carry on otherwise we would face the problem. Just two hours back my son was wondering about his new password for the banking and at last he could able to remember the that he saved the same in his note pad saved in the secret location.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is always better to remembere such numbers but the point is it the same cannot be remembered sometimes due to the prolonged gap and then it would be difficult to trace out the exact password. Under such cases, the passwords are to be reset. To avoid such an embarrassment, I do put the number of all such relevant passwords in a piece of paper and the same is preserved in an old diary accessible to me within no time. Sometimes number of passwords are multiple with an integrated number so that it may not be traceable to the intruders from outside.

I keep the user ID and passwords of issues concerning to all dealings in a separate diary. I keep the passwords related to my bank accounts very safely in my diary.I use a special code for such passwords. I don't care much about other user IDs and passwords.
    No life without Sun

Consciously, I never save passwords in any device. Whenever I see the alert 'save password' on the browser or other places I tick 'never'. I also clean my history periodically; use updated popular Intenet security software. These are the conscious precautions I take. Is anything more?

Like Venkitesgwaran I also never save any password in any device. If it is saved in any device by mistake I immediately change the password. Further, I used to note banks password in a diary and keep it safely.

I think most people are sensible and would not save passwords in a device, be it a laptop or a Tab or the smartphone, since there is not just the fear of hacking, but also misplacing or forgetting it somewhere. Keeping a record of passwords at home in a diary or notebook would be Ok I suppose as long as you are not having distrust in your family members. In fact, if you have a Net banking account of a joint account, I think it would be good for the others who are named as the joint account holders to know the user ID and password of that Net banking account. That way, in case of an emergency, if a transfer of funds is required quickly, it can be done by any of the account-holders.

At the workplace, of course, it is not advisable to jot down passwords anywhere. Better to be safe than sorry!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Concerns about data security have increased these days.
    It is important to keep your password secure. This password is the first security cover against hackers and other threats. In case of password it is very important to pay attention to some things. Your password should not be easy. Nor should it be such that it is easy to guess. So do not create your password in your phone number, birthday or in the name of family or any other family member.
    Almost all services (email, social media etc.) now offer the option of double verification. You can use it through security settings. When you enable or enable the dual verification system, every time you log in to your account on a device, you have to provide the OTP along with the password. OTP is a security code that is automatically generated. Keep changing your password regularly with security eyesight.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

• Sign In to post your comments