You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What do you do when you are angry?

People do different things when they are angry? When I am angry I stop talking to everyone even with my family member. I want to take a rest to control my anger. When I get up after taking a long sleep I became normal. My family members also know my nature. When I stop talking they understand that I am angry. They do not ask me anything at that time when I became normal, they ask me and I always share everything with them.

Dear members, Please share your experience what do you do when you are angry?

This is my entry for ISC 13th Birthday Special- A thread a day challenge- Participate and win prizes!
    When I am angry, I will get into a room and I will sit alone for some time so that I will become normal It may take one hour sometime or less other times. I will not talk to anyone. If I was forced to talk I may become wild. So I keep silent. After waiting for some time I will be normal. Then I will come out and normal, My wife will understand that I am angry If I am not coming out of my room for that much time. After waiting for some time when see understands that I have become normal, she will talk to me and try to passivate me. Rey rarely I get angry. When I was in service I used to get angry if anyone was doing any mistake and I used to shout on them. But after sometime I used to call him and tell why I was so angry and used to tell him that he shouldn't do the mistake again
    drrao
    always confident

When I am angry, I raise my voice which is an annoying habit that I too understand. Earlier I used to yell a lot. However, now I have tried to control it and maintain my calm as much as possible. Still, I do lose my patience and show my anger. One good thing is that I do not show my anger on everyone. If I am angry with one person, I may stop talking with him/her for some time until the matter is resolved but I behave normally with others.

When I get angry, I stop talking to my family members. I would go to bed and rest. I would roll my mind to go into various temples I visited in my life from Kanyakumari to Kashmir. Or, I think about my Padmini, and take her for a ride. When I return home, I will be normal, and aks for a cup of coffee from my good lady. She would smile and serve. It happened many times in my life. My anger never get anchored, but floats and vanishes.
    No life without Sun

When I am angry, I go sulking and never speak to anyone nor seen to anyone. And they understand that I am out of mood and slowly they would like to reconcile with me. But still I will not talk with anyone so that the matter itself is forgotten totally for the time being and once everything is settled I know the same matter would come for discussion at the dinner time when every member of the family would be present. Now there is a chance to break the ice and settle the issue because everyone speaks their version and taking a amicable decision with cool thought process is now possible.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

When I get angry , I cry a lot after that I don't want to talk to anybody. I would sit alone in the room. After few hours, when I get normal then go for kitchen work. I avoid food during anger mood. If someone try to convince me then I may wild. So, family member don't talk with me in angry mood. In reality, I am very cool person. I have patience in all my work. Sometime, I show my anger on other person if big mistake done .

When I am angry, My voice rises and even get hyper. I usually try to ignore or keep calm but if provoked again, I will shout and is difficult to control. I usually try to move out or keep quiet but if am infuriated again, I tend to get my full frustration complete and will complete at one go. Even If I am away and have a fight through the phone, I will call again and complete the topic. I do tell them that when I am angry, do not provoke me and give me time to cool down as if it gets above my head, I will pour out my full anger in one go. The worst is after getting angry as I take time to cool down and won't talk to anyone for some time till my anger subdue. I have this habit of showing anger only to the concerned person and not to others, so it's normal for others.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

As far as possible I do not get angry. But when I become angry, I become too angry. For a short while I may be going out of balance. I may shout and my face may become red with anger. But as I am a person not prone to anger, others immediately sense that something has really gone extreme and beyond my tolerance and they immediately do fire fighting and pacify me. I will also consciously control myself by that time. But nowadays if I sense something which may provoke me and make me angry, I just leave the place or just ignore as if I am not at all concerned with that. I act blind and deaf.

• Sign In to post your comments