You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Actors

Let us have a shift and talk about actors of the past

Members,
    Shifting away from the boring discussions, I want you to think about the past glorious actors whose names commence with D. They are Dilip Kumar, Devanand, & Dharmendra.

Just go back to the good old days of the era of these three famous Hindi stars. Firstly rate them as First, second, third, and talk about their acting talent, delivery of dialogue etc.

This is my 12/15(12th July 2020) thread for ISC's 13th Birthday Challenge Contest
    If I have to rate, I would rate Dilip Kumar as No#1, Dharmendra as No#2 and DevAnand as no#3. I have watched many movies and as per the film and role selection, the character played, dialogue delivery, emotions portrayed, acting and over-all performance, I have given my rating. There may be different people who would give a different ranking but for me, this is what I feel.

I do not understand why the writer has picked up these 3 names as there are many other actors and would have been better for the reader to provide their best from the lot. I liked Rajesh Khanna, Manoj Kumar, Shashi Kapoor, Shammi Kapoor, Sanjeev Kumar, Raaj Kumar to name some.

Ranking an actor cannot be a foolproof as it depends upon the story, the character played, overall performance, etc. In one movie I may like one actor but in another, I am like a different actor due to the character and it will keep on changing. It would be better if the writer provides a gauge like the name of the 2-3 movies to rank them which be used as a common standard by all.

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

During the years 1977 to 1980,I would have seen a movie a day . It included movies from almost all Indian languages. After that I mostly saw Malayalam and Tamil movies only. However after 1996, til day I have not seen a movie in theatre except say one or two that also, to show what a movie is, to my son.
    Dilipkumar, Dev Anand and Dharmendra were each good in their own way. But I remember the young men followed the Dev Anand hair style- bird nest like twist and curl in front. Dev Anand's moving style was also unique. Somehow I do not have much liking to Dharmendra's style. It was like today's Salman hanstyle. A sort of, breath-holding muscle-showing and no action or emotion. Dilip kumar was not much audible in his dialogues. His acting was subtle.
    However there were some others, who impressed me as actors more than the above three. They are Sanjeev Kumar, Amol Palekar, Ashok Kumar (even Kishore Kumar), Dr Shreram Lagoo. The list is long and all the names do not come to my mind immediately. The three actors in Amar Akbar Antony- Amitabh Bachan, Vinod Khanna and Rishi Kapoor also I like, for their dynamic acting and styles.

• Sign In to post your comments