You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door" - Milton Berle

When I was referring to some quotes to upload them as my Whats App status the above quote caught my attention. I was trying to read between the lines. What's there in it and it simply proves that the converse is always true, I thought. But we come across many mathematical formulae where the converse is always not true. Let it be, you may think why I was thinking or dwelling more on a simple line.

But you might have heard many celebrities using the following simple phrase while being interviewed - "Lady Luck has knocked my door". Milton Berle might have implied to prove the converse of this statement which - "Building a door so that Lady Luck (an opportunity) knocks it!" was also true.

Just offer your take on this and share such common figures of quotes which are inversely proportional to each other!
    An entry for thread a day challenge contest
    It is not always the case. Instead of the taxing work of building a door, why not just look out the windows? You will likely find that there are opportunities just outside, gently rattling the window panes. They are like those blooming buds below my window (a photo of which I uploaded yesterday when talking about nature's natural sheen ), just waiting for somebody to water them. Now since it is the monsoon season, their thirst is always quenched, along with a spot of sunshine from time to time.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

We have read or heard it that "When opportunity knocks on your door, always be willing to take a chance because you never know how perfect something could turn out to be" or "When opportunity knocks, make sure that your door is not locked." There are many instances that opportunity has knocked at our door many times but we were not able to open the door as the knock was soft and we expected to get a loud knock. As mentioned by Vandana, we need to keep on trying and looking at only one direction, we can even peep through the window or keyhole. If we are ready and prepared, we will surely be able to catch the opportunity or open the door when it knocks. Instead of building a door why not keep the door open so that the opportunity doesn't return empty-handed but gets in.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Even though luck knocks our door we should do some efforts to take that luck into your hands. Either you have to keep a door opened or view through your window or build a new door. The ultimate lesson is that unless otherwise, you do your work or efforts you can not enjoy the fruits of luck also, So the point is that don't wait for the luck to knock the door. You di your efforts and then there is no chance you will miss your bus. If no luck is favouring also make an attempt to give a chance to knock on your door. Our attempts are very important in any case.
    drrao
    always confident

Why to make a door and lock it? Just keep it the way wide open. Hand a big board "Welcome to Lady Luck". Lady luck or opportunity will come straight to you. Also hang a board "I am in". That will solve the problem. If you still have doubt, place a calling bell. Instead of knocking opportunity will press the bell.
    I may also remind about another proverb" 'If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain'"

What you said is an old fashion. "Opportunity will press the calling bell." We are likely to miss it, if the calling bell is connected to AC supply due to frequent power failure in our country. To ensure that we don't miss the bell, we need to connect it to a DC supply and ensure the battery is always charged to hear the opportunity ringing the calling bell.

Don't think of a door to get knocked. A door is unnecessary. Remember, Opportunity can ring your mobile phone too. Keep your mobile ON forever.

No life without Sun

In our life one thing is very interesting that nothing works on its own. One has to do a lot of efforts and hard work in getting some result whether it is getting good marks in an examination or getting a job or making a career. So, opportunities would come in the way of only those people who invite it to their houses.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments