You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Never thought it would be so easy

Posting a thread in the forum was always a herculean task for me. I used to find it very difficult to come up with a suitable topic to start a discussion. My mind always went blank, whenever I tried to think of a new topic. Things went to such a pass that I totally left the forum section, not even posting responses to other threads, except occasionally, appreciating the award winners.

However, ever since this thread a day challenge started, things have changed for good. Initially, I was hesitant of participating in this challenge. I was not sure whether I will be able to sustain for so long. Somehow, encouraged by Vandana ma'am and other editors who took so much pain in organizing this contest, along with you all I too jumped in the fray. Today, I am happy that like everyone else I have been able to hold my ground and posted the entire 15 days.

Even though this 15 days challenge period will be over today, I think I will continue to post daily at least for another 7 days. There is a general belief that to build up a habit, you need to continue doing the activity for at least 21 days. So I hope I will get hold of this habit if I post for the next 7 days too. Maybe, all of you, who are not regular like me, should consider this proposal and post for another 7 days. And yes, one aspect that I still need to work upon is to responding to other threads. Hope, will improve in the coming days. Anyway, it's good that I could ultimately gather courage in posting in the forum. Thanks to this challenge contest this dream could come true.

Will like to hear some of your experiences.

Final entry for Thread a day challenge
    My presence is always felt by our dear ISCian. I raise many threads on a day to see an alert" You have exceeded your limit". This happened many times, and I had to wait and sit idle for a few days. During this contest period from 1st July to 15th July, I have posted about 30 threads.

I am a thread lover. And also a response lover. More than this, I am a counter-response lover.

No life without Sun

The same problem is with me. Whenever I want to post a thread, I become blank and have no idea what to write in the post.
    So now I have started posting responses to others threads so that I can sharpen my writing skills and can give better content.

True. This contest brought many members on to this forum section. Some members will not spend time on this section. I think this is the section which will not give CCs as given by the other sections. But now I think there will be a change in the mindset of the members and many members will start spending some time on this section. That will make the section very active.
    Choosing a topic and making a write-up and posting is not an easy task. It requires a lot of thinking and also time. But I feel it is worth it. My time will mainly go on this section only. Now I am happy to see you all here. Now I think these members will continue to visit the section and contribute.

drrao
    always confident

The 21-day concept came up last month when Varghese mentioned it to bring a change in one's life. I am quite bemused that members seem to be giving their input about the challenge in multiple threads that were referring to the challenge at some time or the other when the challenge is still ongoing!

In fact, today itself we have two threads on the same lines, the other being posted by Deepti Shriram, asking if anyone wants to try the challenge for 21 days.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Well said as I too am not a regular poster but I do make it a point to respond to some thread that I feel like. Posting new thread needs creative thinking and good concept development which is difficult and I applaud some member who is regular in posting new threads every day. Today, the post a thread challenge may be over but it t made many of us active and follow it. I too never thought it would be so easy but have made it to this day.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Nice to see, two of us posting the same concept without having copied from each other. So who all are up for the additional seven days? I am hopeful of being there.
    Patience and perseverance pays

It is also difficult for me to post a thread and post a response not for 21 days challange but in general. I have to think that what to write. It also took me so much time. I have been contributing on ISC for 5 years and I am not sure if such challenge has been started before. I think this is the first time 21 days challange has been started by ME on the ISC date of birth. Members are continously posting threads. This is indeed good challange in which I could not participate. It is already too late. I am enjoying reading new awesome threads of these 21 challenging days.

For me also this was the first time that I have continuously posted so many threads one by one in the forum section. Normally I am responding much than posting new threads and also busy in Ask Experts section so for me this was an entirely a new experience. The lesson learned for me in this exercise is that even though we might not like an activity much, when it comes a time of contest and competitions, we stand up and break our own ways easily. So, motivation and some target fixing can make change in people and they can do what they never attempted. I think this is a valuable learning from this contest.
    Knowledge is power.

It is amazing to see two minds generating same line of thoughts at same time. I am actually taking up this challenge to myself. Do you also Want to try 21 days habit building in ISC forum?

If yes please share your forum links too.

Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

My situation is also like Dhruv Sir. Usually I contribute in other section and only participate in the Month end Topic based TOW contest. Sometimes I comment on the threads too. So It was very difficult for me to post a thread daily. And the most difficult was to come up with a meaningful thread because I want that every writing should give some message and information. By the way, It was a good contest and I enjoyed it a lot and I will try to post some threads on regular basis whenever I get some time.

I do not have a very good statistics regarding number of threads posted. They may be just a hundred in a year average. I post a thread when I get a subject in which I find some difference, uniqueness or some useful feature. I get lot of ideas, but as I do not note them down then and there, I forget them after some time. So those ideas do not get converted into threads. Moreover I am not having the technical knowledge like SEO, traffic inviting orientation etc. I am not at all well versed in the intrigues of online content posting.
    So I usually try to participate in TOW contests where I think the subject is a researched one to suit the online content posting. Thread a day challenge is probably one context when I had to 'manufacture ' threads for the sake of it. But that was propelled from a sort of self challenge.
    But I am not that much stubborn or adamant to force myself to post everyday or for twenty one days. Everything loses its attraction after the uniqueness wears off. Then it will be back to our time tested habits and routine.

Generally I always see myself as a battery reserve. When the regular sources dry up, the reserves enter to maintain the supply and continuity. I think that is also impotent. I still can do that.I do not consider myself as a very bright floodlight, but a small fire-fly which gives a small but sufficient light when there is darkness around.

• Sign In to post your comments