You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

Want to try 21 days habit building in ISC forum?

I have heard of research that says that if you want to develop a good habit then you must perform the particular task for 21 consecutive days. The mind is trained for things you do 21 days in a row. You can even develop physical habits by this 21 days of habit building technique.

For "ISC 13th Birthday Special - A thread a day challenge" many of us have already done 15 days successfully now. So, it is only matter of 6 days more to complete 21 days. If at all the "21 days for Habit development" theory is true, we all will have a very good habit developed. And if the above mentioned theory is false, we have not lost anything, but instead we would be getting 6 more quality threads to credit in our profile.

If you agree to try for 21 days habit development you can post your next 6 threads here in response to this thread. These next 6 threads will not be counted for any rewards. But the "Good Habit" will be a reward in itself.

So, are you ready for 21 days challenge?

Day 15 of ISC 13th Birthday Special - A thread a day challenge
    No. Sorry Deepti. I cannot go by your words. I always think of the 27 stars from Asvathy to Revathi. 27 is a lucky number. When added, it makes 9 which is a fine number. With this good thought, I will raise a thread every day regularly upto 27th July. If required, I may do it upto 31st July too. You can also give a second thought to your 21 and make it 27 or 31.
    No life without Sun

The author tried to inspire other members also and trying to see very high activity in this section. It is 21 or 27 days, it should become a habit and members should start visiting and posting in this section. From the last 15 days, almost 23 new threads are being placed. If this continues for some more days many members will get the habit of visiting this section and that will give a facelift to this section. So I request all the members to honour the words of the k author and place threads. I thank the author for her suggestion.
    drrao
    always confident

Some members would be doing it by default as they post at least a thread daily. Fo ordinary mortals like me it would be too strenuous to go for that after the 15 days contest and I would definitely going to take rest for a few days for floating new threads except responding to a few threads here and there.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Exactly, Dr.Rao sir, it does not matter 21 or 27 or 36. What matters is readiness for building a good habit.

Sun sir, even 36 is totalling 9. Let us try for landmsrks 21, 27 and then 36. What do you say?

Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

For me raising a thread a day has become a habit since I joined this site and in fact I want to continue the same even if the contest has been withdrawn. Since this is the ISC anniversary and the thread a day challenge should continue the whole month of thirty one days and not just 15 days. Let us see who all can come with new threads for another 16 days and that should be adding more pep to the already vibrant forum. But all the members should visit the threads of every member who participated in this challenge and see that no thread should go un attended because that will prove to be insult for the member who raised it.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Deepti,
    No problem. If you wish to go for thirty-six to see a fine nine, I am ready to come with you. Let us have a Challenge Contest. If someone is willing to join us, let us take them along.

I am ready. Are you ready?

No life without Sun

In a thread 21/90 or 3 weeks to 3 months rule/method to see changes in one's life Where it says that " if we can apply the set goal for 21 days i.e. 3 weeks, it becomes our habit and if you continue it for more 69 days i.e. a total of 90 days or 3 months, it becomes your lifestyle. Many of us might have not tried it but as mentioned by the writer, nearly 23 members have joined hand in the 13th birthday celebration challenge of posting one thread a day and if we continue for another 6 days, it can bring a change and become a good habit. I know it is difficult but if we just push a little more, we will be able to continue and make to 21 days. We will also be able to check if the method mentioned by psychologist stands true or not.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Deepti Shriiram,

I think you and Dhruv were simultaneously typing out the same concept when the idea popped up in both your minds today!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Lets do it Sun Sir. I am in for this new challenge to my self. You can also share your forum links of our new venture.

Mr.Dhruv, It is really a pleasure to see like minded people in our team.

Mr.Varghese sir, It is such a great concept of 21/90 days. I am so much thankful for this knowledge sharing done by you.

Dr.Rao Sir, thank you so much for appreciating my idea. You can also post your thread a day in this discussion along with me and Sun sir.

Day 16 Thread
    Plasma Banks are more important than Blood Banks in Corona pandemic.

Day 17 Thread
    Think or Blink? Which is faster?

Day 18 Thread
    Nature adding troubles to life in India with floods in Assam and Bihar

Day 19 Thread
    Thread a day challenge helped me to get back my GOLD level

Day 20 Thread
    Corona Vaccines human trials started. How long do we wait for good news?

Day 21 Thread
    Prevention is always better than cure, Most suitable phrase for Corona?

Day 22 Thread
    It is time to revise options in Parent Category and Category for ISC Forums

Day 23 Thread
    Suggestions for Article posting Categories and Sub-categories revision

Day 24 Thread
    Have you personally tried any Online Education App?

Day 25 Thread
    Which grief is hard to tackle with? Death or betrayal of loved ones?

Day 26 Thread
    Which indoor sports has helped you pass time in lockdown period?

Day 27 Thread
    Lyrics or Rhythm? What do you enjoy more in any song?

Day 29 Thread
    Does winning prizes motivate you more than self motivation?

Day 30 Thread
    Will new education structure of 5+3+3+4 make any positive difference?

I am not familiar about the twenty one days period for habit creation. Even after doing certain things for many years I had not formed them as habits. I have found that I can make some habit just as I feel the need for it or I can break a regularity or habit if I feel the need to shed that. This is from my experience.
    My actions and responses are dictated by the contexts, situations and the urgency or priorities.
    I do not follow something for the sake of it or for the sake of following a herd or group. I had experienced much variety in my lie. In my career, just before I could settle down in a place I had got transferred to another place. I had worked in round-the-clock shifts where the shifts changed after every four days. I had also works in split hour day-time shift (eg: 7 am to 12noon; then 4 pm to 7 pm). I had worked on Sundays with Monday holiday, Worked 7 days a week with deferred holidays. So how could I form a habit?
    There was a time when I used to see one movie every day. But for the past about twenty five years or more I would have hardly seen two or three movie in theatre. I used to call myself as regularly irregular or irregularly regular.

While I appreciate you for the idea of forming a habit of posting threads in ISC forum, I have written the above paras as a general view only. Wish you success in your aim.

Deepti,
    You have suggested, rather thrown a challenge indirectly and count me in.

Here is my 16th thread - How would you react to different versions of your name?
    Thread 17 - The journey of a Chair and a Table ...
    Thread 18 - Great one day internationals - A good fielding can win a low scoring match
    Thread 19 - A letter to a father!
    Thread 20 - How smart are the smart cities?

Regards,
    Jagdish

Deepti,
    I posted 3 threads today 16th July 2020. Two got locked. One got deleted.
    So my 16th-day quota is over. Look for my 17th-day thread.

No life without Sun

Ok Deepti, since you have asked for it, here are my threads for this 21-day challenge. Since others are regular enough, they won't be requiring any challenge.

Day 16 - Did anyone of you purchase an oximeter
    Day 17 - Is institutes like Chaitanya and Narayana worth their name
    Day 18 - This year will there be JEE Main and JEE Advanced
    Day 19 - Middle, aisle or window - which seat do you prefer

Patience and perseverance pays

As Venkiteswaran mentioned, one should not follow the herd. Only if you are genuinely interested in continuing to try and raise a thread daily, then you should do so. Furthermore, as he indicated in Dhruv's thread, the challenge was something unique and if that uniqueness becomes repetitive, the interest may also go and it will be something like feeling obliged to anyhow submit a daily thread even if no good topic really comes to mind.

In my case, I am genuinely keen because I have been trying this daily thread submission for many months, as I mentioned earlier also. I created Word docs ing Google Drive and after submission, saved the threads to see if I had managed the goal. Referring back to those Word docs, this is the Stats on the number of threads -
    January: 20
    February: 11 + 1
    March: 5
    Apri: 2 + 1
    May: 9
    June: 24+2
    (the + symbol indicates that on a particular day I submitted more than one thread)

So it seems I did not reach the goal and that is why, with the goal being the reason, would like to achieve it at least once this year. With the thread-a-day challenge being a good starting block, perhaps I will reach it. However, I will not be submitting the links anywhere and will raise a thread if something good comes to mind naturally with no forced effort.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Thank you so much Sun sir, Jagdish sir and Dhruv sir for accepting the 21/27 day habit building challenge. It is great if you have some company in your aimed task.

I have already continued posting daily one thread beyond the date and here are the threads representing the following dates ie for 16th and 17th July 2020

Why government hospitals fail to maintain clean? 16 Jul 2020
    Why the government projects are not quality assured? 17th July 2020

K Mohan @ Moga

I realized that I had missed out something in my previous response though it was on my mind to say so at that time - Best wishes to all who are in this quest, especially since it is not now a reward program but still your enthusiasm is strong.

K Mohan,

Whenever reference is made to some other internal page, ideally it should be linked as well. Hence, in #704320 you should give the direct link to those threads. That way, others can go to it quickly and respond if they so wish.

Thanks Vandana for the suggestion and here are the links to my 16th, 17th and 18th July and move to the end of this month as self challenge threads raised to accept my own challenge of completing 31 threads in tandem.

Why government hospitals fail to maintain clean? 16th day

Why the government projects are not quality assured? 17th day

Government wants to dissuade ATM usage and giving fillip to digital payments 18th day

Your progress and defeat is already decided on the day of the birth 19th day

K Mohan @ Moga

Wow Mohan sir it is great that you challenged yourself for 31 days. I am really glad to see positive participants in this thread even if there is no rewards associated with this thread.

Glad to see that a few members have not only reached the 21-day goal but are continuing to march on.

Glad to see the members' spirit to participate for nothing to benefit. I have taken an oath to post 27 threads until 27th July 2020. I have successfully posted 22 threads, so far. I hope our member Deepti Sriram will join me and complete 27 threads without any expectation, but to show her spirit and enthusiasm at ISC. All the best, Deepti.
    No life without Sun

I could raise the threads for 21days, in continuation with the thread a day contest. I think if we continue for some more days, the thoughts will flow. How far can I attain this goal is still a half baked query? Let me attempt.
    Lead the leader

So far I have also completed thread a day contest and continuing to post. On 22nd also.
    The links are given below.

Let us all hope for the better. on16th

Who is your Bhishma Pithamaha in Indian freedom fight on 17th

Life has lost its charm these days on18th

How they are managing that much cash? on 19th

What will be the impact of advertisements on product sales? on 20th

What is your preference, Coffee or Tea? on 21st

Hot or normal. Which water do you prefer for your bath? on 22nd

drrao
    always confident

Yes Mr.Sun Sir, I will try to accompany you for 27 day challenge and also to Mr.K Mohan Sir for 31 day challenge. I am so thankful for the support and enthusiasm shown by all of you.

Deepti, it is a nice encouraging thread which has pulled in the stalwart of this site.
    I remember, when I was active on ISC I was posting daily threads without counting the days. I those days there was a limit to posting of threads in a given time (old members would remember this).
    We were forced to wait and that time was of uneasiness. The desire to post regularly comes from withing and as many old members who have mostly lost to count are still contributing regularly. Mohan, Sun, Venkiteswaran, Jagdish, and many more.
    Post a thread daily should be a habit and if one intends to do it there is a flow of ideas which one cannot control.
    With posting thread on a daily basis, we should also start a habit of getting to the New Submission in the Forum section and check out if someone has posted a thread regarding their problem. Sometimes these threads are missed and the new member loses interest in the site as his/her problem is not solved.

@Sun, I agree with you that number 9 is important. But sharing has nothing to do with limiting oneself with numbers.

Regards,
    Nadeem Naqvi

World without God is Zero without One!

I totally agree with you Nadeem sir, if a new member raises a quality thread and the question remains unanswered, the new member might get demotivated. But eve since I have been associated with ISC, I have rarely found any thread goes unanswered. We have such a wide range of thoughtful members that any topic raised by anyone happens to get attention of like minded or opposite opinion members. It is the main fun about contributing our opinions in ISC forum.

Nadeem,
    Setting a number is like setting a target to achieve. It gives greater satisfaction when you reach the number. Without a number count, there won't be any satisfaction despite any unknown number. So, for each and everything, I set a number and aim at that number, to feel fully satisfied. It is like a batsman scoring 100 and lifting his bat and showing to the crowd. Just imagine if there was no number 100.

No life without Sun

For that mater I have not only completed the thread a day challenge for entire July month and also continuing every day even in August up to this 8th Aug 2020.
    K Mohan @ Moga

• Sign In to post your comments