You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

Century fighters, you or me?

Did anyone of you hit a century and for how many days? I could see that on one side the pandemic disease was exceeding its number count even at the district and taluk levels by adding several centuries to its account. On the other hand, our members were not less, some of them managed to get six to seven centuries within the fortnight "a thread a day" contest.

So who were the century fighters You (refers to corona count) or me?
    Members express your experience. Be sportive this pandemic is a part of our lives, so we all have to stay home, stay away to protect humanity by hitting it hard.
    After a long time, I could get a century for 5 or 6 days on ISC. But my score is less than the score of COVID in Hyderabad. In Hyderabad, the virus is spreading like anything and every day more than 1000 cases are coming in Hyderabad. Deaths are also more but the reporting is not done correctly. Actual figures are not coming. I don't how it will be in the coming days. Everywhere and in the minds of all there is fear and the whole situation is in very bad shape. Let us pray to God and hope that all will be safe. Today is Ekadasi and I am on fasting. I prayed to God for the wellbeing of the whole world.
    drrao
    always confident

Creating a century or hitting further hard depends on interest , knowledge and perseverance. And I am best at doing half century at ISC and that is sustaining. And as far as Covid 19 count stands it is hard hitting and the states are in the grip of pandemic and after effects.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I am an average batsman at ISC who used to make 5 or 6 centuries in a month. But the ISC's 13th Birthday challenge contest made me make 9 centuries at the rate of 60 scores per day for 15 days. Whether I win or not, I am sure of winning more than the prize money of Rs. 125/- or 75 or a consolation prize.

I don't count and I don't bother much about the COVID's century. It is destiny. I sincerely thank God that I am not included in any one century.

No life without Sun

I think I am almost hitting the century as far as the Revenue share bonus claim is concerned as few months back Managing editor was stating that I had reached 96 claims by then.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The 13th Birthday challenge of A thread a day contest for 15 days did help me in scoring few centuries and even score half-centuries at times. It was encouraging, motivating and participation that kept me going. There were nearly 23 participants and everyone would post a thread which could be on various topics. I made it point to atleast cover some of the posts as even provide a reply to them. In this way, the contest kept many members active and even score points. When we see more threads and even reply to our post, it encourages us to take part and provide a reply to others even if it is a 2-3 line which made it more interesting. Many senior members have lead from the front which was again a trendsetter and encouraging.

When we talk about COVID-19 cases, I have seen rise in cases every day and it is alarming. When things are not working our way, it is better to take precaution and follow instructions provided by the health department. Whenever we go out, use facemask, keep social distance and wash your hands at regular intervals and wash your clothes and take bath after you return from outside. In this way, we can keep ourselves and our family safe.

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

I am a slow worker but consistent and I do not make centuries but I am satisfied with my medium pace balling. I strongly believe in the doctrine that making a few centuries here and there might look glorious but if you work with a steady pace then that sometimes gives good results as well as good returns. Of course it is entirely an individual choice whether to make centuries or to be a consistent performer.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments