You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

ISC 13th Birthday Special- A thread a day challenge- Winners!

15 days, 23 authors, 340 threads! It was no doubt a challenge for the participants but it was equally a challenge for the judging panel too.

Let me begin with a huge round of applause to all the participants who took up the challenge and ensured that they complete the task successfully. We sincerely appreciate the efforts made by all the participants in trying to bring up threads with different ideas and concepts. As has been mentioned in a few connected threads and responses, it was interesting to note that the members took the contest as a challenge to themselves. And we are sure that participation has increased their confidence and also has helped them to tickle their creative brains and to polish their writing skills. Raising a thread daily may not be a tough task as such but to do so as a challenge is, we feel, definitely a different game altogether.

A special mention needs to be made of Deepti Shriram and Ajai B. Maliackal who, despite having entered the fray late and being aware that their entries won't be considered for the contest, took up the challenge and participated with utmost passion and zeal.

It won't be out of place to mention here that we did find a few threads that appeared to be created just to complete the circle and therefore lacked life. No blame games, but the observation is not one which we would like to keep to ourselves.

An interesting but relevant observation-
    1. Some members started off very well but the graph took a downward shift as the days passed.
    2. Some were not very convincing in the beginning but they hit the road after a few threads.
    3. And then there were a few who touched the peak in between after a slow start but were unable to maintain the richness towards the end.
    This is just a general observation and has got nothing to do with our assessment as such.

Keeping in mind all the limitations and restrictions involved in this contest but at the same time taking into consideration the requirements that were to be fulfilled as part of this contest, we have decided to announce the winners as follows after carefully analyzing all the entries-

First prize- Sankalan Bhattacharya- (Rs 125/-)

Second prize- Reena Upadhya -(Rs 100/-)

Third prize- Varghese- (Rs 75/-) and

Consolation prize- Padmini- (Rs 40/)

All the other participants will be suitably rewarded with cash credits and enhanced points that will be added to their responses in the contest thread.

This announcement thread would be incomplete without offering a vote of thanks to Vandana ma'am for suggesting this wonderful idea for the contest. The forum section was brimming with activity and there was a festive mood visible.
    I also take this opportunity to register my appreciation and express my gratitude to the jury members for their support and co-operation. Thank you!

Hope to see all the participants maintaining the spirit to continue posting good threads so that this popular section remains vibrant and generates more interest.

One last but important point- Members may kindly note that we have not edited any of the contest entries and have allowed them in as it is condition meaning thereby that no corrections were made nor were they assessed for acceptability or otherwise based on our policies and guidelines because it was a contest. I think it would be prudent to remind you that the said policy is restricted to contests only and should not be taken as a precedent.

Heartfelt thanks once again to one and all who have made this contest a success!
    My hearty congratulations to Mr Sankalan Bhattacharya, Ms Reena Upadhya, Mr Varghese and Ms Padmini for winning ISC 13th Birthday Special- A thread a day challenge contest. I also want to thank all the participant to take this challenge and made it a great success.

Special thanks to Vandana madam to provide this idea which boosts our confidence and it was really a great challenge for us. Thanks to judges as it was really a hard task to observe keenly every thread for 15 days and select the best one from them.

After all, it was really a confident booster for me and thanks to all.

Honesty is the best policy.

My sincere and heartiest congratulations to the winners of the ISC's 13th Birthday Challenge Contest - Sankalan, Reena, Varghese and Padmini. Well done Members. Keep it up. Continue to participate with the same tempo and spirit in future contests.
    My special congrats to Vandana and Saji Ganesh for keeping the 22 members busy from 1st July till 15th July. Such contests may be organized once in a quarter by reducing the number of days to 10, the minimum period for a thread to get old.
    Great is ISC and its members.

No life without Sun

This was really an interesting contest where we were given an opportunity to showcase our discussion skills in form of the forum threads and it was not easy for all the members to keep the momentum till the end of the contest. Still we continued till the end and it was a unique first of its kind experience for us. Now I congratulate the winners Sankalan Bhattacharya, Reena Upadhya, Varghese and Padmini for their sustained and consistent entries and follow up discussions. Well done members and keep up the spirit in the coming endeavours also. All the best.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Congratulations to the winner Sankalan Bhattacharya for winning this challenge, and to the other prize-winning participants, Reena Upadhya, Varghese, and Padmini. A deserving round of applause to every participant, too, for not slowing down and seeing the challenge through, especially, as Saji said, the late entrants' gusty spirit. Those 300+ entries (phew!) really created an unmistakable spark in our forum, so good going all of you.

No credit to me. It was just a germ of an idea. It took shape beautifully thanks to Saji who managed the entire contest so well. Take a bow, Saji, for a job really well done.

Seeing the fabulous response to this contest, we are already planning another challenge for the next month. It will not quite be the exact same one, but nevertheless one which we're hoping will make you all happy!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Wow, the winners of ISC 13th Birthday Special- A thread a day challenge is announced. When we look at the figures 15 days, 23 authors, 340 threads in varied topics covering every spectrum is praise-worthy. As said, it was no doubt a challenge for the participants and especially for some who are not regular topic raisers but accepted the challenge and tried their best to complete it.

When we have 340 threads to review, it is not an easy task and requires patience and dedication to go through every thread, their consistency, topic, content, language, quality, uniqueness, etc which made it equally challenging for the judging panel.

I would like to congratulate the winners of the contest, First prize- Sankalan Bhattacharya, Second prize- Reena Upadhya, Third prize- Varghese and Consolation prize- Padmini. I would like to congratulate all the 23 participants, the organisers(Saji and others) and the one who gave such a unique thought for this contest(Vandana), Jury panel and others who have played well behind the scene. I would also like to thank everyone for being an inspiration to accept this challenge and complete it without giving up. Finding my name in the winner's list is the icing on the cake as it feels good to be recognised for the effort you put in. Thank you, everyone and I will try to keep up the same spirit.

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

While going through the various threads raised by Reena Upadhya Madam I thought her name will be there in the list of the winners. I am happy that my thought came true. Sankalan Bhattacharya is a well-known winner always in competitions. My congratulations to them. My congratulations also to Varghese and Padmini for winning the prizes.
    I appreciate the interest taken by Saji Ganesh in conducting the contest and announcing the results within a week promptly. Thanks to the jury members we have taken interest and gone through almost 23 X 15 threads and decided the winner in record time. Above all my sincere thanks to ISC for providing a chance for the members to take the challenge and post the thread. I thank all the think tank of this site for designing a good contest and making it a great success.

drrao
    always confident

I was not expecting the results this early for this big contest with so many entries to judge. Great job Saji Sir! Congratulations to all the winners- Sankalan Bhattacharya, Reena Upadhya, and Varghese for creating a difference among all. I was not expecting even a consolation prize, so this unexpected prize is making me very happy. Thank you Vandana Ma'am for this great idea to indulge us in our own thought process and to make us think out of the box every time.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

The ISC is really increasing the writing capacity in us as well as interest in writing mere by participating. But the awards also increasing the interest as a good motivation. I take the opportunity of thanking ISC first of all and Congratulating the winners Sankalan Bhattacharya, Reena Upadhya, Varghese and Padmini.

My best wishes and Congratulations to the winners Sankalan Bhattacharya, Reena Upadhya, Varghese and Padmini as their entries were meaningful and superior.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The contest is over but its hectic schedule is still lingering in my mind. My speed of floating new threads is much lower than that and for me to keep a pace for 15 days was a challenge. Anyway, I enjoyed much in participating in this contest and now take opportunity to congratulate all the members namely Sankalan Bhattacharya, Reena Upadhya, Varghese and Padmini for their outstanding performance and for winning the awards. I also appreciate the concerned editors who have given much time and efforts to this voluminous exercise. Let us all keep contributing in ISC in a big way.
    Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to the winners of this contest Sankalan Bhattacharya, Reena Upadhya, Varghese, and Padmini. Appreciation to all those members who relentlessly posted their unique threads for the success of this ISC 13th Birthday special occasion. I appreciate the efforts taken by Mr.Saji Ganesh in conducting and announcing the results in a proficient way. My thanks to Saji Ganesh for sending me a virtual gift on this occassion.

I am very sorry that I have forgotten to thank Saji sir who has conducted this contest very nicely and who was the real hero behind it. Thank you very much Saji sir for your effort and we understand that it is not an easy task and you have done it.

Thank you so much.

Honesty is the best policy.

I am surprised to know that I am the winner of the first prize. My congratulations to Reena Upadhya, Varghese and Padmini for their awards and my special thanks to Vandana Ma'am for conceptualizing the contest and Saji Sir for conducting this contest so well. My congratulations to all the 23 participants for making this contest a grand success. After I read the announcement of the contest, I mentioned that though it's a challenge if it becomes our habit, through this challenge, to post one thread each day it would be nice. Here I would like to echo Saji Sir - "Raising a thread daily may not be a tough task as such but to do so as a challenge is". When you are accepting a challenge it becomes a bit tough though the act itself may not be that tough. All the 23 members have done a great job and kept this section brimming with activities. Actually, that is what the Forum section is meant to be. It was not an easy task for the editors as well to go through more than 300 threads to come to the conclusion. Hats off to the editorial team. In the end, it's teamwork. In the team, there are some awards for the best bowler, best batsman etc actually, the whole team has won.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Congratulation to Sankalan Bhattacharya, Reena Upadhyaya, Varghese and Padmini

Like Padmini, I was also not expecting the results this fast. I had a guess of the names of at least two from the above list. I was responding to maximum threads as possible. Hence I had a gut feeling of a couple of names probable to be winners.
    From my side I had already made it clear that I had participated for the sake of the challenge and did not expect much to me. I was in the race just to create a fervour and interest. I am happy I could complete that. It was just a sort of festive spirit.
    All the particpants should get some takeaway so that they should not feel that their effort has gone waste.

My heartiest congratulations to Mr. Sankalan Bhattacharya , Ms Reena Upadhya, Mr. Varghese and Ms Padmini for winning ISC 13th Birthday Special - A thread a day challenge contest. I would also like to congratulate all the 23 participants. A very big applause to judges as it was really a hard task to observe every thread for 15 days and select the winners from them.

Congratulations to all the four award winners. Keeping the momentum was a big challenge, and in that regard, all the participants did their best which is admirable and heartening. I thank the Lead Editor Saji Ganesh for conducting the contest flawlessly. The competition was a captivating one.
    shampasaid

I was surprised to see my name on the winner's list, and I am glad that my threads received the recognition. I will always remember this contest conducted to celebrate ISC's thirteenth birthday. First of all, thank you to the ISC team for conducting it and also applause for deciding the winners as it was quite a tough task to go through so many different posts and make a judgement. Congratulations to the winners and also every member who participated in the contest has done an amazing job.

Thank you Dr N.V. Srinivasa Rao Sir that you liked my posts and thought my name would be in the winner's list.

Congrats to all the winners of this mega 'thread a day' challenge contest. All the four of you, namely Sankalan, Reena, Varghese and Padmini had put up some wonderful threads, which ultimately led you all to win the contest. With so many threads to go through, it must have been really tough on the part of the jury to come up with the winners. That they could bring it up so quick, all credit goes to them. All thanks to Vandana ma'am for conceptualizing this contest and also to Saji Ganesh for bringing this contest to a fruitful end.
    Patience and perseverance pays

It was a wonderful contest as it was backed by cheers, motivational words from the editors till the end of the challenge. I could not reply a few threads and had mentioned the problem too, despite that it was an enthusiastic contest with a huge group of members confidently posting their thoughts in threads, maintaining the scheduled time of 24hours.

Congratulations to the winners of a thread a day challenge and special wishes for the consolation prize winner.

Lead the leader

Congratulations to the winners of ISC 13th Birthday Special - A thread a day challenge contest Sankalan Bhattacharya, Reena Upadhya, Varghese, and Padmini. My appreciation to all members who have participated in the contest. I appreciate Vandana ma'am for the great idea for this contest and efforts taken by Mr.Saji Ganesh in execution of the contest. I hope that ISC will conduct many more such contest in the coming days and more participants will be there with great enthusiasm.

My hearty congratulations to Mr. Sankalan Bhattacharya, Ms. Reena Upadhya, Mr. Varghese and Ms.Padmini for being announced the winners of ISC 13th Birthday Special- A thread a day challenge contest.

It is so pleasant to see the high spirit and creativity of all the participants. I actually enjoyed the contest very much. Congratulations to all the participants as well.

Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

The enhanced points and cc to all the participants also have been credited against their entry response in the contest announcement thread.

“The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

My hearty congratulations to all the members who have won prizes in the ISC birthday special - a thread a day challenge. I wish all the members to win more prizes in the future.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Congratulations to all the winners. I am very glad that my efforts were accompanied by very genuine writers. 15 days, 23 authors, 340 threads is quite an achievement for our herd of authors. Kudos!
    Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

Hearty congratulations to the winners and also to all the participants for the effort they put into making this program very active and engaging. Without you all, ISC wouldn't have been what we are today. A big Thanks to each one of you.

Also, the work done by the editors is really commendable. It wasn't easy to evaluate the threads and choose the winners. A really really tough work. And, more than anything else, coming with such fantastic contest ideas - it requires a lot of passion and dedication.

Sankalan Bhattacharya, you have been with ISC for less than 2 years, but you really learnt the pulse of this family. A big congratulations on being the first prize winner.

Reena Upadhya - It's almost 7 years you have been helping ISC to improve. Thanks for every contribution you make to ISC. We will be always obligated to you.

Varghese - Being a relatively new member, your achievement is really great. We look forward to seeing you more and more and your name is sure to appear in more winner announcements. Keep up the good work.

Padmini - You are so familiar to ISC and no need for an introduction to anyone. Thank you for your active contribution in almost every section of ISC and your profile is filled with Awards & Prizes. Keep up the great work and wish you more and more awards.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.