If only we could write English using rebus

From this thread we know that English is written in an alphabetical script while Hindi in an Abugida script. But there are scripts among these that employ Ideograms ( literally painting ideas instead of writing its spelling).

Rebus is what such ideograms are called. Some Chinese inscriptions and Egyptian hieroglyphs are one of the oldest written forms and they showcase all forms of Ideograms. Indus Valley people did the same. They used a bunch of recurring symbols like an upside looking fish and a cross.

Let me illustrate how writing employing rebus looks.
Example 1: We friends trekked the /\.
(Here /\ can represent a mountain. )

Example 2: King L on his L. All his ministers were L across the hall.
(L can be used for seat and sitting interchangeably. Depending on context the reader will understand).

Example 3: @ am @! because @ could not eat @s cream.
(@ looks like an eye. So it is used to describe words, I, eye and ice. ! looks like a tear falling down. @! would be crying. ! would be rain or just falling water drops. Thus rebus makes the sentence very easy to write).

Rebus is one of the oldest forms of writing. It cuts short the writing of recurring words. I know that today emojis fill the role of rebus. But we cannot employ emojis in formal writings.
Rebuses are amazing in their own right. Because on one hand anyone can understand symbols like /\ and figure what a script says, making people of different language understand each other without efforts.
Chinese, Koreans and Japanese used Chinese Hanzu characters to write in past. These three different languages had very little in common. But readers with practice could perfectly understand written Chinese. Same was the case in Egypt.
I am quite fascinated by this feature. Latin script is not perfect for all languages. Latin script employing rebus will sort a lot of things.