You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

I want to see the Head, not the tail. A request to WebMaster.

My dear Fellow ISCian,

Today is the 23rd day after the ISCs 13th Birthday. The Birthday party is over with one Challenge contest on 15th July 2020, and the results have been announced by a Lead Editor of ISC.

When I raised a thread about the Web Master's absence to greet the ISC family members on its Birthday, the lead editor said ,"Sun, the celebrations do not end in a day. Please wait for the boosters." and locked the thread.

Now I wonder to see no booster even after 23 days.

Will ISCs Webmaster present themselves and say a few words of appreciation to its members to boost their morale, or the Lead editor will lock this thread.

I sincerely hope that the editor won't lock this thread, and let it open for comments from members. And hope WM will respond to this thread.
    My dear Fellow ISCian.
    Four good days (Almost 100 hrs) have passed. This thread is starving. This thread is not catching the eyes of the ISC Admin or the Editors or the Members.
    What could be the reason? This thread is like an orphan after ISC's birthday. Utterly disappointed. It seems all are missing from ISC.

No life without Sun

Sun, I don't think this thread was not seen by anyone but they would have desisted from posting a response simply because you wanted to see only the head and not the tail. That was, at least, my reason.
    “It is better to change an opinion than to persist in the wrong one." – Socrates

What I meant is - The Head is the WebMaster and the Body is ME and the tail is Editors. Members are the outsiders.
    Hence, Members need not hesitate. They can post their comments to this thread.
    The WebMaster of ISC could have appeared here and said some pleasing words about ISC's birthday. If he was busy, he could have intimated his inability to meet the ISCian in this thread. His absence and silence make us wonder about his attitude. WM is present in ISC and we can see him scoring points.

No life without Sun

SuN,

As you mentioned, it feels good to get a few words of appreciation to its members to boost their morale but it can also be understood that the other concern members(ME, LE, Editors, Jury, etc) are doing their job and making the announcement and even conducting contest and activities to keep the site moving. We just need to understand that when a representative from the panel is addressing in their absence, it should be equally welcomed and appreciated. Everyone is busy and working so we cannot always urge WM to address the members as he has allocated other members to take charge and do the needful. He may be working undercover to keep the site moving to great heights. When a movie is made, we just focus on the main character and known attributes but it has many others who work at the back to get its good effect in front, so let us not wait or ictus on the same point. Let us wait and give time for the administration or web-master to come forward and announce when the time is right.

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Actually to some extent I also second with the author as webmaster Tony is the head of this site, and he should have wished the members who contributed and who cooperated with this site since long years.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Varghese,
    In any organization, the boss wishes its employees on a day like its Anniversary, festival days like Deepavali, Pongal, Christmas, Ramzan, etc.
    According to my understanding, our respectable WM Tony John is not inactive but active. His score points can be seen on the scoreboard. If a Boss can be present at the site, what is wrong if he takes a few seconds to say 'Hello' to his own site members who are working for the betterment of the site.
    Also, I see the second Boss present and earning points. The section in which he contributes is not known, despite my repeated threads questioning his whereabouts.
    It appears to be a mystery to me.

As said by many members, a pat on our back by our boss would encourage the members to contribute more and more to the site.

Let us wait and see when Tony John or Jose Mathew opens the door and show their face to us with some pleasant words to boost our morale.

No life without Sun

Sun, please check this winner's thread to see the head. I saw it when I logged in a few minutes back. Hope your concern is solved now.

While it is fine for us to expect the Webmaster to join in some special threads and it is quite natural that we would feel happy and motivated by such a complimentary message, I really do not consider it prudent to force someone to post a message. It is something like the rank holder in a class asking the teacher to pat him on the back and say congratulations. The teacher knows that he is the rank holder and also knows how and when he should be appreciated. Tony sir has always been around and has put in his presence wherever necessary including in threads raised by members which required his assistance. It is after all his baby and he knows when to feed it or to sing a lullaby.

So, Sun, at #705697, after all those threads about ISC being a family and all members being part of the family and all that repeated stuff from your end, you have finally concluded that ISC is an animal because humans do not have a tail. Your analogy is, I must say, bemusing. Please also decide whether you are a member of the ISC family or is an outsider. It is not fair to shift positions as per one's interests and convenience.

And Sun, as has already been made clear in a response to an earlier thread by you on the subject, please stop worrying about Jose Mathew sir, whether it is his absence or your inquisitiveness to know the section from where he is garnering points. I don't think it is something that falls within our purview.

Since your issue stands addressed now, may we lock this thread?

“It is better to change an opinion than to persist in the wrong one." – Socrates

Nothing wrong in expecting the Head of the Organisation to wish all the members on a special occasion. Even in many MNCs, lower-level employees may not be able to see their Chairman. But at least one day he will come and wish all the employees and spend some time with them. That will boost the morale of the employees and they will work for the organisation with more enthusiasm.
    But we can't force him to do that. The people who are having access to the Chairman may convince to come and greet them. All depends on the thinking process of the top think tank and they will have their planning.

drrao
    always confident

Finally, on 28th July at 1050 hours, WM is kind enough to congratulate the winners of the challenge contest. But I expected a few words on the occasion of the ISC's birthday. He should have felicitated the members on the thread where every member congratulated ISC on its birthday.

Anyhow, I would say that Mr. Tony has performed his duty after reading my thread pressurising his presence at ISC. About WM Jose Mathew, let it be a mystery, and I don't much worry now.

Many years back, when WM Tony john failed to greet the members on a New year day, I reminded him and he obliged with a sorry, and greeted the ISCian.

I sincerely request our dear WMs to be present on festive occasions and greet the ISCian who are their breadwinners.

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.