You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

SuN's interesting currency contest.

Dear Members,
    Do you have all the currency notes with you? If yes, can you take a photograph of One rupee currency note in which your signature is affixed?

The first and fast member posting the image of One rupee currency note with his signature affixed will be appreciated and suitably awarded by SuN through ISC's virtual gift shop.
    What is the purpose of this?
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Vandana,
    It is to know how we love our old currency notes of the past. It would be nostalgia. It is to show our children how the currency note was. Like you ask for old calendars, I asked for old currency notes. Any issue, Madam.

No life without Sun

It may be an interesting contest where members may post pictures of some old currency notes but I do not like the idea of putting a signature on currency notes. A one-rupee note already has the signature of Finance Secretary and adding another signature will not look good. Scribbling on currency notes is not a good practice and it will look nice if it is kept neatly without any fold.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Sankalan,
    The currency can be easily copied from the net and posted. Hence I insisted a signature on the blank space of the one rupee currency note. If you have a currency note, affix a pencil signature and post it. You can erase your signature after posting it. This is only for authentication purpose.

No life without Sun

Here is my collection of old one rupee note. I had some collection of few rupee notes as well as some old paise.

Delete Attachment

Ramakrishna.
    Well done. You deserve the appreciation and applause from all the ISCian.

Let us wait and watch for other members post to see their currency notes.

No life without Sun

Here is the one rupee currency note I have preserved. I am posting the reverse side of the one rupee currency with my signature.
    No life without Sun

Delete Attachment

SuN, kindly verify the linked thread -One rupee note is celebrating its hundredth birthday in India.
    I had attached photo of a one rupee note I had with me then, in a response to the 2017 thread
    (I have to verify whether I still have it with me)

Sun,

The issue is that defacing a currency note (even in pencil) is not the right thing to encourage and we cannot permit such activities at ISC. We will delete this thread after a little while and the submitted images as well.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.