You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Whom should we follow - the wise or the influential ones?

There are many wise people in a group, community, sect, or society who can, if asked, give logical and rational advices and suggestions to the people for collective progress and development and also can associate with those prospective processes. That is well said but it is generally seen that society does not act or move as per these handful of wise men or/and women and on the contrary simply follows some political or religious Gurus. These influential people are also said to be instrumental in the progress of the society but they sometimes have their own agenda and selfish motives and then all the problem starts. Whom should we follow - the wise or these influential ones? Please share your views.
    Wisdom is not the prerogative of any particular community, group, dimension, sect, party etc. The fact is that nobody is perfect in this world and everybody has mind to think and know what is right and what is wrong, what is good and what is bad for him. It's the personal matter of every individual what he or she likes for himself or herself and who does he/she like to follow. I don't like to be a blind follower of any religious guru or leader I see around or even science. I take what is good and leave what is bad.

We should respect all and their views despite having differences with them. Problem begins when we begin to declare ourselves being right and rest others as wrong. This ill notion widens the rift between the people and gradually it grows further and further and eventually it opens the pandora's box.

Whichever person we follow in life, in the end it is up to us what we have to learn from that person and what does not. It is true that in today's time many people use their talents to accomplish their goals and to some extent this is also true.

When it comes to whom we should follow, then one of the qualities that should be in us according to me is the discipline, the disciplined person, whoever he follows, will get what he aims for.

If we want to take the country and society on the path of civilization and progress, it is the most essential and first duty of every citizen to be disciplined. 'Discipline' is a quality in our life, which is required in human life. Man is a social animal. Discipline has an important role in building a society. Discipline only gives man superiority and helps him get a good place in society. Discipline is essential for human development. If a man lives under discipline, he sets the path for a happy and bright future for himself.

I have learned something from both intelligent and talented people in life but learned only what I wanted to learn.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

At any cost we should not follow the crooked and evil ones. There is no disagreement on that. But the other part that is wise - in that reference I have a doubt as how to find out that a particular person in the society is wise and we should follow him and his ideas. How to ascertain the genuineness of that particular wise person in our society? If many people feel that he is the real gem of the society then only we can consider to hear him and follow him.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

There are many people with a lot of wisdom. There are people with a lot of influence. There are people with both wisdom and influence. You can decide whom you should follow. At the same time, there is no rule that we have to follow someone. We can act on our own and we can have followers.
    It is always better to hear what others say and but what to do should be decided by the individual. Because he only knows the situation fully and knows all the details. So it is always good to do it in our own style after hearing the suggestions of our people. We need not follow anybody and we can make our own impact on others.
    When we are children we see some people and develop a liking for them. They will become our role models and we try to follow them. But as we grow we will develop our own methodology after seeing and understanding other people.

drrao
    always confident

This is the tricky question posed by the author and my reply to this post that we must follow the wise if we want to learn more and know more. And if we want to get the things done then we should follow the influential person. And that influential person should have the sway over his authority and that would be deciding. One of the teacher who resigned from the post was not paid the due salaries owing some reasons. But she worked for 10 years and she has to be relieved with great respect. Though she pleaded for her balance dues and other amounts, the management wont decide on it. Lastly she approached the MEO , the educational officer of that area and gave written complaint. Within 24 hours she got all money, relieving letter, experience letter and also letter of appreciation for having dedicated 10 years service to their school.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan, you have given a good example and it brings out the topic more clearly.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments