You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

The child in you - book character contest winners

It seems many of the 17 participants in the book character contest were confused about what was required, namely give some clear reason why you wished to take to be like the child character in the book you chose. Nevertheless, many thanks for attempting something that you will likely not have tried before. We will give participation points to valid entries for your effort.

There is a clear winner and no joint-winner of this contest. Shampa Sadhya was unanimously selected as the winner for the first prize of Rs.75/-. Congratulations!

The two second prize awardees of Rs.50/- each are Venkiteswaran and Deepti Shriram. Congratulations to both of you!
    [a bit of advice for Deepti - please avoid needless additional text. There was no need to mention Rownling's later books.]

It has also been decided to award a consolation prize of Rs.25/- to our young writer Tejas. His prize of will be credited to the account of Dr Deepali Gangwar who submitted the entry on his behalf. Short and to the point- well done, Tejas!
    My heartiest congratulations to Shampa Sadhya, Venkiteswaran, Deepti Sri Ram and Dr. Deepali Gangwar for winning the 'The Child in you -book character' contest.
    No life without Sun

I congratulate Shampa Sadhya, Venkiteswaran, Deepti Sri Ram and Dr. Deepali Gangwar for winning the 'The Child in you -book character' contest.
    Regards,
    Nadeem Naqvi

World without God is Zero without One!

This was an entirely new concept for a contest where we had to describe the child and his characteristics as depicted in the book of our choice and then relate to those traits to ourselves. I enjoyed participating in this contest and many members had presented unique entries. It was a creative endeavour, I would say. Now the results are announced and I wholeheartedly congratulate the winning participants namely Shampa Sadhya, Venkiteswaran, Deepti Sri Ram, Dr. Deepali Gangwar and little Tejas. Great performance and keep the spirit alive. All the best.
    Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to Shampa Sadhya, Venkiteswaran Sir and Deepti Sri Ram for winning thins contest. I missed the entry submitted by Shampa and read it just now. It is really quite connecting and deserves the prize.
    Well done Tejas! It needs the confidence to express what you feel and you have done that very well.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

My congratulations to Shampa Sadhya, Venkiteswaran, Deepti Shriram and Dr Deepali Gangwar for winning their awards in the respective categories. It's good to see that many participants were there in the contest. My best wishes to all of them.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Congratulations to Shampa Sandhya, Venkateswarian, Deepti, Dr.Deepali for winning the book character contest. Well done members. Keep it up!!

Congratulations to Shampa Sadhya for wining "The child in you - book character" contest. Her narrative was good. In fact I was a loyal reader of R K Narayan. But it was only after reaching college stage. I was fond of reading Mulk Raj Anand, Khushwant Singh, Shasti Brata etc. I read them only in my youth. Some of the good books in other Indian languages also I read in their English Translations.
    I congratulate Deepti Shriram and requesting Deepali Gangwar to convey special congrats to Tejas
    I am happy in getting second prize and being able to reminisce my young days reading.

Hearty congratulations to all the winners - Shampa Sadhya, Venkiteswaran and Deepti Shriram. The entry by Tejas was also commendable. Congrats to Dr Deepali Gangwar on behalf of him.
    Patience and perseverance pays

I never imagined that one day I would be asked to write about my favourite child in the book that I read long back. It was interesting to pen that. I congratulate all the winners who have got awards against this contest and wish them good luck.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

My best wishes and hearty congratulations to all the winners - Shampa Sadhya, Venkiteswaran and Deepti Shriram. Thanks to Deepali Gangwar for writing on behalf of Tejas.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congratulations to all the members who have won prizes in Child in you - book character contest.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Congratulations to Shampa Sadhya, Venkiteswaran and Deepti Sri Ram winning the 'The Child in you -book character' contest.
    Thanks to all for your congratulatory messages for Tejas. I have conveyed to him. I want to say thanks to Vandana Ma'am for this unique contest.

Congratulations to the winner Shampa Sadhya, second prize awardees Venkiteswaran and Deepti Shriram and consolation prize young writer Tejas(Dr Deepali Gangwar). Every entry was good and highlighted the character as per their understanding. The points given by Vandana is of great help and will help us in other competition and writings. I also congratulate all the participants and organisers for coming up with such unique contests.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

My hearty congratulations to Ms Shampa Sadhya for winning first prize for the child in you book character contest. I also want to congratulate Mr Venkiteswaran and Ms Deepti Shriram for winning the second prize in the contest. My sincere congratulations to young writer Tejas for winning a consultation prize.

Thanks to all the participant of the contest.

Honesty is the best policy.

Congratulations to all the winners for the child in you -character contest by selecting the book. I could not join this contest, but still, it was really interesting to read the write-ups by participants.
    Lead the leader

Very nice contest and well-conducted. I couldn't participate due to some other issues. I congratulate all the winners and it is my hope that all the winners will continue their good work in the coming days and win many more awards. I wish them all the best.
    drrao
    always confident

Congratulations to the winners. It is a real pleasure to be awarded for my work. Thank you to the ME Vandana and the other jury members for the award. My lots of thanks to the members for their wishes.

Congratulations to Tejas. Such awards will encourage him a lot and would take an interest in creative writing, which will benefit him very much in future. All the best to him.

shampasaid

Hearty congratulations to Shampa, the winner of the contest and also to Vankiteswaran sir and Deepti for the second prize!

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

Many congratulations to young Tejas who has brought out his favourite character in a most innocent and childlike manner. Well done Tejas and all the best! Your cash reward has been credited to Dr Deepali's account (claim it from her!).

“It is better to change an opinion than to persist in the wrong one." – Socrates

Congratulations Shampa Sandhya mam and Venkitwswaran sir. Very heartfelt welcome to Tejas for winning award on your first try. Let us see more of your creative writing with your own ID too. I wish you all the luck and blessings.

Thanks to the jury and editors for considering my entry for winning second prize.

Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

Congratulations to all the winner for winning 'The child in you- book character' contest. Well done. Keep it up.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.