You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Waking up in the Brahma Muhurta communicates lifelong power in the body.

You must have heard the great glory of Brahma Muhurta. From a student to a monk, this Muhurta is said to be beneficial, according to Ayurveda, the air flowing at this time is called Amritulya. Walking up in the Brahma Muhurta communicates lifelong power in the body.

This time is also said to be the best for studying, because when we wake up in the morning after resting at night, the body and brain also have energy and freshness. If the level of oxygen is too high in the morning, then it provides extra energy to the brain, due to which study things go easily into the memory base.
    Scientific research has shown that the atmosphere in Brahma Muhurta is pollution free. At the same time the amount of oxygen (Pranavayu) in the atmosphere is the highest (41 percent), which is important for purification of lungs. By getting pure air, the mind and brain are also healthy. At such a time, cleaning the city is prohibited.

The mind is calm and the body is pure. Getting up in Brahma Muhurta is very beneficial for our life. This makes our body healthy and remains alive throughout the day.
    What the author said has meaning in it as I personally felt that waking up at 4 am and having a stroll before the sunrise would bring in new energy as no everyone is wake up and our mind is fresh and run with new ideas. And those who pray the God and seeks any boon it would be granted soon because there is no rush for the praying God at wee hours and therefore our wishes gets granted. Moreover big Temples like Tirumala Venkateshwara, the day begins with Suprapadha seva at 3 am and the temple continues till 2 at mid night the next day. What I am trying to test here that by opening the temple at wee hours, the God also gets unusual power to grant boons to the ardent devotees who are present to have the darshan at 3.30 am and usually at that time many people would be having sound sleep and cannot be disturbed.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Please correct the spelling of waking in your title of the post.

This great thing had been there in our scriptures, Ayurveda and our culture since time immortal. There could be some scientific reasoning also behind that but otherwise also it makes sense to get up early in the morning. Even in western circles it is said that early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. The main reason behind this doctrine could lie in 'early to bed' because if we give our body timely and proper rest then only it would repair itself during the sleep and next day we would be fresh to learn or do any task with full concentration.

Knowledge is power.

Umesh Sir, Thank you for pointing out my mistake I seem to have typed it by mistake. ..
    I have corrected it after seeing your response.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

I believe this 100%. I used to get up early in the morning at 4. 30 AM and used to study for an hour and a half. The atmosphere is very good and calm at that time and we will not have any disturbance in the house. So what I do at that time will give the best result. What we learn during this time we will understand it fast and we will remember it for long.
    The purpose of the early morning walk is not only for fitness but also for fresh air which will make us healthy. That may be the reason we see many people walking early morning. But these days many students and youth never believe in getting up early. They will be on their mobile phone till late in the night and hence the wake up very late. But it is not a wise act. Going early to bed and getting up early in the morning is the best way of living. Let us all practice this.
    Our culture say one should get up in the morning and practice Snadhyavandhanam before the Sun rises. But how many are doing this these days is not known.

drrao
    always confident

One more benefit of waking up in Brahma Murtha is that exhaling and inhaling rates of air through the nose are equal. That means except brahma muhurtha, the whole day our exhale and inhale speeds are not equal. Those who wake up in Brahma muhutra, they feel happiness while chanting the name of God because "Pranayama" happens automatically in the chanting of the name of God at that time. It is suggested that to keep alarmed on the mobile phone to 3 am early in the morning to spend at least 15 minutes for chanting, meditating, and doing "Pranayama". It is enough to be free from all physical and mental diseases.
    I believe in a positive attitude. I like those who criticize me.

From time immemorial in our country waking up early, especially in the Brahma Muhurtam, is stressed and emphasised. It is still followed in many temples where the deity itself is woken up at Brahma Muhurtam.

What is Brahma Muhurtam? As per Indian traditional division of a day's time period, there are 30 Muhurtams Each Muhurtam is thus a 48 minute period. The Muhurtam just before Sunrise is named 'Samudram' . The Muhurtam prceding this is the Brahma Muhurtam.
    So if sunrise is at 6 am, then brahma muhurtam is 48+48= 96 minutes before sunrise.i.e. 1 hr and 36 minutes before sunrise. So on a day when the sunrise is at 6 am brahma muhurtam is a period from 4.24 am to 5.12 a.m.

As sunrise changes, for practical purpose it is taken as 4.30 a.m. So in practical terms to wake up at Brahma Muhurtam means to get up at 4.30 am and before 5.a.m.
    It is practical experience as well as scientifically proven that getting up in Brahma Muhurtam is good for our body and mind. There are many people who have the regular habit of waking up during Brahma Muhurtam and starting their day.

Our own member K Mohan had said many times that he gets up at 4.30 am and starts his day. In one thread he had noted "I get up between 3.45 to 4.00 am in the morning daily including Sundays and I won't keep any alarm. Of course I am doing this since many years. "
    In another thread (2015) Students: Make a habit of waking up at 4.30 am every day he had even said "I am available at 4.30 am daily and if you want me to send a wakeup call I shall do so."

• Sign In to post your comments