You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Commerce & Arts students too can apply for GATE 2021

In a significant change undertaken by the Government, all the Arts, Science and Humanities graduates are now eligible for appearing for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering) Examination conducted every year. IIT Mumbai will coordinate the examination for the year 2021 and a new set of papers in Humanities and commerce have been included in the online examination stream. As you all are aware that GATE is conducted every year to enable the candidates to pursue Post graduation, PhD and placements in PSUs based on the score card of the individuals.

It's good that the students belonging to Commerce and Humanities too can pursue higher studies in reputed institutes and apply for jobs via GATE score and a nice decision taken by the HRD Ministry.
    I also feel that this is a good decision and justice will be done to other degree holders also. If there are good jobs for these graduates and if they are filled based on GATE score, real worthy students will get selected. Then there will not be any necessity of conducting separate entrance tests for other posts. I think even banks can also conduct only interviews by deciding cut off mark as eligibility to apply for those posts. We may see that happening also shortly. Anyhow, I feel this will reduce ambiguity in the selection procedure and personal favours and other aspects may not work once GATE score is considered as a criterion for the selection.
    drrao
    always confident

This is a very important information. GATE was really a gateway to making a career so far for the science or engineering students and the meritorious ones were much benefited with this test. It is great news that now there is GATE facility and choice also for the Arts and Humanities students. This is a welcome move and would help the good students in the Arts and Humanities stream to make a career path through GATE route.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments