You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Amusement

Black and white challenge - Social media's latest viral trend

If you have an Instagram account and scroll it down, you can observe the trending of black-and-white pictures of women, posting selfies or photos with their faces, with the hashtag, #ChallengeAccepted. Many celebrities including Malavika Mohanan, Saara Ali Khan, Khloe Kardashian, Shilpa Shetty, Karishma Kapoor and Dia Mirza, have shared their black and white pictures. This is a global trend that reached India paving a way for women to show solidarity and their support to other women. Almost all posts have the hashtag #ChallengeAccepted, and #WomenSupportingWomen. The common feature of their theme is bringing positivism in life in this crucial hour inculcating many netizens to throw inspiring challenges online.

Accepting the challenge Shilpa Shetty has posted an inspiring message, I quote ,- "We're living in times where we now realise the importance of lifting each other up instead of pulling someone down. We are gradually acknowledging the truth that tomorrow isn't guaranteed to any of us. So, all we have is 'today'... and we have each other. Let's join forces together and make each day better for everyone around us. Support our women tribe through the worst times, lend a helping hand (if possible) when you see another woman juggling too many things, and appreciate the efforts one has put in even if they didn't succeed. We're all in this together. Uplift, don't belittle'. "

Previously we used to have Black and White photographs which was almost forgotten with the dominance of 'Colourful world' and now back to square. Of course, Old is always Gold!
    I got married in the year 1985. Those days colour photos are just coming and in many villages, there were no colour photo facilities also. So we have taken a photographer from the studio, He brought black and white reels. One of our relatives was having a Camera and he somehow managed one or two reels of colour. So he took some click in his camera. Now we have two albums. One is with marriage photos in black and white and the other is colour photos of our marriage function. I feel black photos are much better in those sets.
    Challenges online in Social media are more these days. This trend increased during lockdown periods. Many working from home professionals started a challenge of cooking a special dish and taking a photograph of the same in social media and naming some of their friends to accept the challenge. These are time passing methods and by doing these activities some enthusiasm will be developed in the people.

drrao
    always confident

I am not so active in social media so I do not know about this challenge but after reading your thread I got to know that in lockdown how people are making them busy and connected with old memories.
    I also have black and white photographs, most of them is my elders but one day I got one of my black n white photograph so I just keep it with my documents, I was only 2 years of age when that pic was clicked by my uncle ..it feels so cute for itself when we watch an old pics.
    Nowadays the trend of photos has been less because of the mobile camera, the laptop this equipment takes place of photo camera but still, the value of a photo can not be replaced by them. This is the reason that I have created my own album and here I keep all my photographs from childhood to my college days.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

Old is gold and we are back to the olden days where people are using the black and white mode to showcase a cause named as "women supporting women" which a way to promote female empowerment and taking a stand while saying nothing but through their photo with the hashtag challenge accepted.

We have known of many incidents where women were being targeted by women themselves and there they are raising a concern as mentioned in the post that they are standing and supporting the women. It is good to know and understand that they are taking an initiative to support and understand the women and be keen to change the world.

We have known that many a time, women are the one who is treating the women and the same was depicted in a serial " Kyun ki saan bhi Kabhi bahu this" which depicts the life of women during their early stage of life after marriage and after they become a mother-in-law. By accepting the challenge and understanding the main concern through the campaign, they can make it a better place for every woman.

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

This seems to be a new pattern in the social media to go for black and white and start campaigning for the women supporting women movements in the social media. Let us observe this trend whether it is for a little time or picks up gradually to bring the point in prominence. Sometimes these things start in a humble way but spread like a wildfire. I hope it might go that way.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Sometimes trends in social media are very amusing and intriguing. This one also appears to be falling in the same category. The celebrities would always be looking out for some unique expression platform to show their solidarity with the community or society. That way people attract to such new ideas and then the online following of such celebrities also increases in leaps and bounds. So I do not understand whether this is a marketing gimmick from their side or just genuine concern for the fellow being. Anyway this new trend of presenting things in black and white seems to be new and unique idea to impress upon the genuine motives of helping the humanity behind such peculiar expressions.
    Knowledge is power.

I have not come across this challenge as mentioned by the author but seems to be impressive thought after continued racism being faced in some countries and the blacks were feeling highly unsecured. So to give the confidence in them this challenge might have started as to how we would look in black and white photograph. In fact when you see the black and white photos of those years, you can see the fineness and the awesome feelings of the cameraman who captured the best moments of the person. In this regard I have my 8 month old child photo which was taken at Jyoti Art Studio in Secunderabad and the cuteness of the child was well captured in this black and white photo and so far I could not see such awesome photo even in the color frame of any child. I am not boasting of my photo but the black and white image era.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments