You must Sign In to post a response.
Did you participate in our E-book of short stories? Even if you did not, here's a chance to find out how good you are in identifying the writing style of members. Guess the mystery writer of the 13th story!
  • Category: Reward Programs

Guess the Mystery Writer in our E-book of short stories

Now that the last story has been submitted for our E-book of short stories, it's time to guess who was SW13, our mystery writer. Everyone can submit a guess even if they did not participate in the contest. No clues will be given.

What you have to do: Check out the story which I submitted on behalf of the mystery writer in response #705927 in the contest announcement thread. You have to guess who wrote that story and send the name only (not the story) to my Gmail which is iscmecontests.

Only one guess will be allowed, so more than one email will not be accepted. After you send the guess, post a response to this thread that you have sent your entry. No remarks, no hints, no comments, please, that it was easy or tough, etc.

What you will get: There will be a sequence of points and cc, with the first five to get the correct guess 8 points and 8 cc, the next four to get 7 points and 7 cc, the next three to get 6 points and 6 cc, the next two to get 5 points and 5 cc, and the 15th in line will get 4 points and 4 cc. However, this is applicable only to those who participated in the contest (irrespective of the story being a valid entry or not).

Those who did not participate in the contest but are submitting their entries in this one will get only 3 points and 3 cc and only the first three non-participants will get this.

Closing time: Naturally, in keeping with the challenge of 13 hours, any guess that drops into the Inbox of my email after the 13th hour from the time of posting this will not be accepted. So quick! Who is SW13?

[Note: As and when I come online, I may acknowledge receipt of your entries.]
    Madam,
    I have e-mailed my answer to your email ID at 1413 hrs. Kindly acknowledge receipt.

No life without Sun

Managing Editor,
    Just now I have sent my email mentioning my guess. Hope you received the same. Please acknowledge the receipt of the same. We are eagerly waiting to know the writer, The time of My email is 2.09 PM.

drrao
    always confident

I have also sent my answer. Please acknowledge for the same.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Vandana,

I have made my guess of the mystery writer SW13 in our E-Book short story contest on Friendship and emailed you my answer at 2:51 P.M. Kindly acknowledge the same.

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

I have also submitted my guess for the mystery writer SW13 of the ebook short story contest at 1450 hrs today by email to your email address. Please acknowledge the receipt of the email at your end.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I have also submitted my guess for the mystery writer SW13 of the ebook short story contest today on the email address provided in this thread. Kindly acknowledge the receipt.

I have sent my guess.
    “The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

I've sent my guess at 4.06 PM .
    Regards,
    Jagdish

I sent my guess answer just a while ago.

Ma'am,

Just now I have sent my guess to your email id. Kindly acknowledge the receipt.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

I just now sent my guess for the SW13 in the Best friendship short stories - E-book contest. Kindly acknowledge the receipt of the same.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

I have sent the email.
    shampasaid

I have sent the mail to guess the SW13-Mystery writer just now.
    Lead the leader

I have sent my guess for mystery writer at 9:20 PM today by email. Please acknowledge.
    Knowledge is power.

Entries received -
    1. Dr Rao - Sankalan Bhattacharya
    2. Sun – Vandana
    3. Hakimuddiin – Vandana
    4. Varghese – Tony Sir
    5. Neeru – Tony Sir
    6. Dr Deepali – Joyshree
    7. Saji Ganesh – Rosie Ray
    8. Jagdish – Dhruv
    9. Venkiteswaran – Aditya Mohan
    10. Shampa – Sankalan Bhattacharya
    11. Padmini – Aditya Mohan
    12. Sharada – Dhruv
    13. Umesh - Ravishankar

Dr Rao and Shampa got the answer correct. Well done! You have both been given 8 points and 8 cc, as announced. The mystery writer of story #13 was Sankalan Bhattacharya. Though his story is not eligible for the main prizes, it will be judged like for the other participants, and points and cc will be given accordingly.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

While we go through the stories, members are welcome to give general feedback with no comments about individual stories or guesses on who will win in this thread.

Many thanks to the 16 writers for their participation.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Thank you Managing Editor and I am happy that I could guess the author correctly by reading the story. I think I could do it as I go through all the forums raised by him also. I congratulate Shampa Sadhya Madam also for her correct guess.
    When I saw the posting of Sankalan Bhattacharya mentioning that he has also sent his guess, I got a doubt whether I went wrong. Probably he sent that to see that people will get confused. But by that time I have sent my entry.

drrao
    always confident

Hearty congrats to Dr. Rao and Shampa for their right guess about the mystery story writer. Well done, Indeed it is a great guess work. Keep it up.
    No life without Sun

Congratulations to Dr Rao and Shampa ma'am for their right guess about the mystery story writer. Well done and keep it up.

Congratulations to DR.N.V. Srinivasa Rao and Shampa Sadhya for guessing the correct mystery writer SW13 in the E-book of short stories challenge. I also thank every participant who made an attempt to guess the writer.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

It was an intelligent guess and I congratulate our two members Mr Rao and Shampa for making it so accurately. Well done members and keep continue your good work in ISC. All the best.
    Knowledge is power.

Congrats Rao and Shampa for the right guess.
    Frankly, I did not read any of the chapters/stories as I did not focus on that at all. But when I saw the guess announcement I just thought of throwing my ring too. So I read the first two lines alone and thought it may be Aditya Mohan and posted it.

Congratulations to Dr Rao and Shampa Sadhya for getting the right mystery writer. It was the idea of replying was really wonderful, to send the guesses through the mail.
    Lead the leader

Congratulations Dr Rao and Shampa! I did zero in on Sankalan but then opted for a wild guess due to a doubt and fell flat.
    “The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

Congratulations Dr. Rao and Shampa! It was really tough to guess. I tried but failed. The taste of the story was matching to the style of Aditya and I thought it was he who wrote it.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

I just want to add that there were some apparent clues which misguided me (I simply curse my judgement!). Since beginning it was being indicated that Web Master would also join in, may be later as the 13th year celebrations were yet to be concluded. So my first guess was WM only. But then my mind drifted to some of the top scoring members like Ravi Shankar or M.K. and finally I chose Ravi Shankar only. Sometimes the most calculated predictions also fall flat. So, good luck for all those like me and we might strike back, may be next time.
    Knowledge is power.

Sharada,

We've had contests based on the theme of guess the author (called GTA for short), wherein members would be individually approached to write on a topic given to each and their writeups were then put up in a thread for everyone to guess who wrote which text, the guess to be sent via email only. There would also be a red herring sometimes, like what Sankalan Bhattacharya did in this thread, to confuse everyone. It was jolly good fun both for the organizer and for the participants! We'll try to organize one this month if possible.

My hearty congratulations to Dr Rao and Ms Shampa for the correct guess of the mystery writer. Unfortunately, my guess is wrong. I had never thought about the correct name which is Sankalan Bhattacharya.
    Keep it up and well done.

Thanks to Vandana madam to conduct such a nice contest.

Honesty is the best policy.

Congratulations to Dr Rao for guessing the name of the mystery writer right. I thank all the members who congratulated me for making a correct guess. When ME Vandana mentioned about a mystery writer, the first name struck my mind was of Sankalan Bhattacharya. I stuck to it. Before I sent the mail, I saw Sankalan's post on guessing the mystery writer, and I felt it's another tricky suggestion from ME. Thus I stuck to my original guess. It's a unique experience for me.
    shampasaid

Congratulations Dr Rao and Shampa for guessing the name of a mystery writer. I was not a participant but I too have guessed the name Sankalan because in the past too he has got such opportunity. Moreover one can easily recognise him through his writing style.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Congratulations to the winners. Dr Rao had made his guess well before Mr Sankalan creatively confused others. I appreciate Shampa for her insight into the riddle. My calculations also failed miserably as I had some easy solution for the mystery. Anyway, mystery is always like that and if every one can unravel it then it is not a mystery.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.