You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Let it come but don't let it to settle

The precarious situation brought in by the pandemic is, no doubt, affecting our psychology as our movements are totally restricted. In this situation, it is very likely that we are inclined to encourage unpleasant or negative thoughts. We may not be able to avoid such thoughts but can't we make efforts to divert our mind so that such thoughts come and go without creating an impact on our mind? Let us discuss this psychological issue in detail.

During this period, I will request you not to let anybody in unless it is necessary. More precisely, people are avoiding visiting their friends and family members because of the present situation. Now if you are living on the ground floor in a locality stray dogs and cats may play hide and seek with you and you have to find ways to stop them letting in. But I am talking about something else here. I am talking about your thoughts.

You are thinking all the time, good things, bad things and also thinking that you should stop your mind from thinking about such things. Maybe thinking about how you can prevent your mind so that those things are not let inside. Can you really do that? If somebody tells you not to think about one particular thing, that particular thing will always crop up inside your mind because there is a restriction on it. You will be reminded every time by that particular thing that somebody told you not to think about it. Instead, let it come. Let it peep from the windows of your mind. You keep on doing what you are doing without paying attention to that thought which tries to peep. If you do not pay attention, it will not settle and will go away.
    This is the human tendency to do what we were instructed not to do. If somebody says don't open the bag till I come. We will definitely open it before he comes and sees what is there in it. But if no specific or special instruction from anybody we will not give much importance to that.
    The human mind is very peculiar. It will never be idle. If there is no issue think we will start thinking about the issues which we can think. It always wants something. Another point is that we will be thinking about all difficult situations and the same we will apply to us and think about how to overcome.

drrao
    always confident

I think when we instructed our mind to not to think about something then it automatically creates a sort of fear in mind and that fear not easily removed, and click our mind, again and again, tries to remind us don't think about that but indirectly our mind recalled that same thought. But if we are busy in some other works then could be possible to remove that fear from our mind.
    we can try one more thing which is whenever a though comes in mind which we don't want to think, then do not let it continue, be conscious and choose another thought by yourself and start thinking about that one which would positive. whenever I have to face this kind of situation then I just start listening to music and my thoughts changed, you can also choose your way.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

Mind is peculiar and does not necessarily follow any discipline and this can be gauged by telling your child not to move here and there and sit calmly. You may see just the opposite what you have said. It finds the pleasure in thinking all the negative events while taking rest. It would be difficult to come out all these negative thoughts despite our best efforts.
    To come out of this difficult phase, we may take up some mind boggling exercises such as cross word puzzles or working out some problems of our kids for which they have lost their confidence in solving such problems. It is sometimes better to reverse the thought of the mind.

Keeping yourself busy in healthy activities refrains you from negative thinking. I think you should spend your time with your family or friends more actively. Also book or novel or story reading will keep you busy. Internet is another option. Bottomline is that you keep yourself occupied in healthy activities.

Create positive thinking instead of negative thinking.

Be punctual in doing exercise for fitness. Sound health and sound mind are corelated and sound mind emits sound thinking.
    So eat well, sleep well and think well.

Mind is a powerful computer and so much information and ideas enter it from many sides which it accepts and it has in fact a capacity to receive as much information as it comes in its way. There is so much volume of this data that many times some people get offended by the massive volume and then decide to leave the worldly affairs and assume sainthood. It could be considered as escaping from the realities of life but some people choose that path. For the ordinary mortals like us the best strategy would be to let everything come in but we must filter that to our advantage and keep what is important and rest either ignore and bury down in our huge memory so that the brain itself takes it or tackles it based on the importance level that we have already provided to our brain through the continuous thought process.
    Knowledge is power.

The thoughts are always wavering and it takes us to highs and lows of the life, but we are alone witnessing what is happening during the thought process and hence we need not give credence to it and allow it to settle. Nothing is there in our hands, we may try well, we might have planned it well and even the execution part would have been more sincere, but yet the results would be worrisome. For example my daughter has performed a tribute dance in the honor of Saroj Khan and uploaded the video to the inter college fest. Though she has spent eight good days and changed the costumes to look original and got appreciation from near and dear ones. the dance could not satisfy the organizers as they have not given any citation, prize or appreciation. That is really bothersome to thought processing person.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Thinking is not in our hands but thoughts keep on cropping in our head one after another. The thoughts can be good or bad, positive or negative, motivating or demotivating, etc and it depends upon us to what mood we are in that the thought pop-up. We had discussed earlier it through a thread Think but don't overthink which can be master by practice. The thoughts keep on emerging but we need to know what to think, when to think and how much to think. Some try the meditation to control their thinking, some try by keeping them busy with some activities, books, gardening, cleaning, cooking, games, etc. Slowing by practising these we will be able to control our thoughts and even if it peeps through our window, we will be able to keep away and do not stay on your mind for long thus getting control on your thoughts.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

A good advice by author. But it is easy to say so but difficult to follow or execute. Our mind is a mysterious place. It does not ignore or discard a thing so easily. It is a painful and stressful situation sometimes when we want to ignore a particular thing that is sitting on our mind.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• Sign In to post your comments