You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Happy Rakhi Poornima to all.

Today is the Sravana Poornima. All the Sisters will tie Rakhi to their brothers asking for their blessings. All brothers will be offering gifts and sweets to their Sister. In my early days, this festival was not very popular in South India. But now it is a very common festival and people of all ages will be celebrating this festival with much happiness and enthusiasm.

Another important event today is the changing of Yagjyopaveetham ( Sacred Thread). It is a practice that all will replace their old Sacred thread with a new one. It is a custom in both the Telugu States.

I wish all the members of ISC a happy Rakhi Poornima.
    Happy Rahi to all the members of the ISC family. may this Rakhi brings a healthy, prosperous and happy new year in the life of us.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Rakhi festival is a very important festival in Hind culture and tradition and this signifies the lovely relationship between a brother and sister. It was a symbol that the brother would protect his sister in any condition.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Today two great festivals were been celebrated . The first one being the tie of Rakhi around the wrist of the brothers and seek their blessing and security all the time. This festival is great bonding between the brothers and sisters and this time the corona effect has reduced the impact of this great festival. And another great festival is the changing of sacred thread which is called Yagyopaveetham. Today myself and my son Aditya had the privilege to visit my co brother in law house and there five people changed the threads according to the rituals and mantras procedures. This festival should not be done in single and has to participate in community festival. We normally go to a temple where in there would be huge gathering of thread changing and that would be nice to watch as even small children participate with the elders to change the threads.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A very Happy Rakhi Purnima to all. In West Bengal, it is celebrated as Raksha Bandhan where sisters tie a rakhi to their brothers' wrist. Due to the pandemic, the celebration is not like the previous years and I would say it's always better to maintain a social distance keeping in mind about the present situation. Let the bonding exist between two minds even without tieing the Rakhi.

Stay safe and don't rush.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Happy Raksha Bandhan (Rakhi poornima). It's a great day for all brothers and sisters.

Stay blessed !

It is a very auspicious day to be celebrated by every brother and sister. Generally, there are specific days for fathers, mother like others. But, Rakhipournami is one and the only festival meant for brother and sister before the above days came. Today, one more special is that "Hayagreeva Jayanti", the birthday of Hayagreeva Perumal. So, on this day, one has to chant the Dhyana hymn of Hayagreeva to give a knowledge related to all fields. Once again, wish you happy Rakhi Pournami.
    I believe in a positive attitude. I like those who criticize me.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.