You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Someone stealing my content when it is about to be posted

By responding to one of the thread, when I finished writing the reply and was reading for any mistakes or correction, the page vanished and sought me to log in again and when I visited the back pages, the typed content not found and my 10 minutes got wasted and also got fury in me. Is there some one who is stealing the contents of ISC? Is that possible to steal the content even before pressing the submitting button? And the content thus typed should be visible for us for re-submission and in my case the content is gone. Have you experienced like this ?
    There are many hidden things in the internet which non technical people cannot understand. The dangers are lurking there through cookies and phishing tools. We may not see them but they can do a lot of the things behind the screen. They generally install in your system through emails or other malicious programs which start downloading in your computer without taking any permission from you. Your doubt and apprehensions could be true.

What I suggest is run an anti-virus program in your computer to clean the system of such cookies and malicious programs which might be residing and hiding in your computer. There are some good anti-virus programs available even free of cost. I am using 'Avast' free version which is available for one year and works nicely. Those who can afford go for the paid version which are more powerful and cost about a minimum of Rs 800 per year. Once you run the anti-virus it would show you all the malicious files and ask you to delete them or move to the chest where they would remain inactive. If it does not work then you might have to think for some more powerful anti-virus programs creating a shield and firewall around your device.

Knowledge is power.

Mohan, do you really think someone can steal content before it is published? Doesn't the thought/ fear appear a bit exaggerated? So is your contention that it vanished while you were reading the draft for corrections. As per my little knowledge on the subject, the content will become public only when you publish it or at the most, maybe, once it is saved and no one would be able to access the same while it is in draft mode.

Being active in the internet world, and especially in the case of ISC, you must be aware that the content you type out will not stay unless you save it. If you are taken back to the login page when you click the submit button, you should click the back button to get back to the page where you have posted the content, copy the matter, log in again and then paste it and then press the submit button so that your idea or words are not missed. You can be logged out due to different reasons including time taken and I hope you are aware of the same.

So, relax, your content is neither being stolen nor are you being stalked.

“The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

A silly and irrelevant feeling by the author that his typed information is being stolen. How is it possible? Many a time we lose the contents we typed due to the wrong pressing of keys unknowingly. It doesn't mean that the typed message has been stolen. A childish feeling by a senior member.

Even if a thread response was stolen, how could the person who has stolen his thread response would benefit? Is it not a vague thought by the author?

{Unwarranted remarks deleted}

No life without Sun

Mohan, what has happened to you!
    If you are having such feeling (which is just not possible) you should type your reply in the word file or a notepad file and then past it here in the relevant thread.
    Saji, has rightly said that it is not possible till you press the publishing button. Unless you have published your words none (other than a jinni) has the power to steal your words.

Regards,
    Nadeem Naqvi

World without God is Zero without One!

When a person writes in a response box provided below a thread discussion then until the 'submit response' button is pressed the content would not be saved in the server. This is absolutely correct and nothing more to discuss on that. But the point is that there are some malicious virus programs which can do these tricks of deleting or removing this type of data contained in the buffer memories but the virus would not use that data elsewhere as it is of no use for anyone without the reference in which it is written. That is probably why it was suggested to run a virus scan in the computer and if such a thing is there it would be caught and we would come to know the truth. Once it happened with me that when I was writing in the box, the letters started to vanish and even fall down. It was strange to see that. But after the virus run things were all right.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

First of all, it is not technically possible to access your text by any other hacker before you press submit button.

Secondly, many times such missing of typed text may occur due to problems with internet or also due to fluctuations in the electricity.

To avoid this loss of your typed content and time, you can type the lengthy text in simple notepad file. You can make it a practice to save such notepads once in a while. After you are through with the topic you can just copy, paste and submit the text.

Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

When ever such thing reported ISC never took it serious nor verify the reality and I am fool to report such things here. But the fact is when I re-logged in the back pages vanished.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Deleted.
    K Mohan @ Moga

Sometimes due to the speed of the internet or some times while typing on the laptop our hand may touch some button which will make the page to vanish. But it will not get into any other person's computer. As you have not saved the content it may not reappear also. You may have to retype. Don't think that that matter has been taken away by somebody. It will not there with anybody.
    Sometimes our internet will have some connectivity problems. We will not know these problems while we are trying on our computer and once you press on submit button, it will take you to log in page. Before logging in the press the back button. You will find your typed matter copy that and then log in and post it and submit.
    These problems are related to our system and connectivity only but nothing to do with the ISC website. It may happen when you are active on some other site also.
    Sometimes I will also get some problems like this and I will follow the procedure as mentioned above by me.

drrao
    always confident

There was a complete blank of page and back buttons were not visible to visit. I was forced to log in again the matter vanished.
    K Mohan @ Moga

Mohan,
    It is purely your internal computer problem, not a network problem. So kindly overhaul your computer or any other gadget that you use. It is my sincere advice to you rather than blaming ISC or technology.

No life without Sun

#706989, Mohan, how do you say that the back button was not visible? The back button is part of your computer screen and has got nothing to do with ISC. It would be visible as soon as you open a new page. I am sure that you lost your draft because you lost connection and instead of going back and copying the content, you chose to log in again.
    “The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

Mohan Sir, nobody is stealing any of your content before it is posted here and what you have experienced in this thread has something to do with pressing some key combination or some wrong keys. If the connectivity is lost, an error will be displayed on the screen or if you are logged out somehow, the login page will appear after pressing the submit button. To prevent this type of issue follow what Saji Sir has mentioned in his reply @#706953. If you are typing the replies directly in the reply box of the thread, before pressing the submit button select the content and copy it by pressing Ctrl+a and Ctrl+c respectively. By doing this, if you are logged out suddenly after logging in go to that particular thread and paste the content in the comment box by pressing Ctrl+v. After pressing Ctrl+c once do not copy any other material. If you do so then the latest material will be copied and the previous one will not be there.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

When this post seems to be funny for ISC then why it should be given emoticon and if it was highlighted then why there is no proper reply?
    K Mohan @ Moga

And this site was out of reach in the afternoon today, may we know what was the reason.
    K Mohan @ Moga

K Mohan,

You seem to be very worked up and confused still despite valid explanations. I will explain a few things later once I have dealt with other tasks.

The login issues were faced by everyone yesterday, by the way, due to changes being made behind the scenes and members just need to exercise patience.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

K Mohan,
    Some things to enlighten you about-
    1. The word 'stealing' refers to theft. Now, did the text that you typed come up at any other page of ISC under any other member's name?
    2. Nobody here can read minds so nobody here would know what was the text in the first place for it to be submitted under his/her name.
    3. Since it did not appear elsewhere, there was no stealing.
    4. You said it vanished. Well, that won't be any Houdini magical trick for sure. How did it "vanish" and you got a blank page subsequently? Let me explain the most likely possibility -

When we are typing at some speed, we often come across the cursor jumping here and there. Now that excitable cursor will likely have jumped straight up, hit the X on the tab of the forum page where you were typing and gleefully shut it so it disappeared from your screen.
    5. You said you logged in again and visited the back pages. Now, if #4 was the possible occurrence, then when you logged in, you were doing so through a separate tab altogether. So there will be no question of locating the page via the back button because it was that new tab and there would be no back page there at all. Thus, you will see the back arrow symbol in grey, which means it cannot obviously be used.
    6. In the remote chance that you find that the back button is very much there on the browser but it does not work, please check out through Google what is the shortcut keys to use on the keyboard to do 'back'.
    7. Similar to the suggestion given in #6 above, when you are in confusion about something, look up Google and try to learn what could have happened [I did and found this useful - https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000744.htm]
    8. The post was funny because you used a very dramatic word, namely stealing, and well, sometimes it is good to look at the humorous side of things, isn't it?
    9. The emoticon is not the one depicting fun but confusion (you can see the question mark also next to the confused expression on the face).
    10. The thread was indeed replied too with very logical explanations by quite a few members.

Need further clarity? Maybe you could submit an Ask Expert query about back and forward buttons and how to deal with issues that you come up with. I am not being funny here, but serious. I myself am not at all tech-savvy and just seek out advice when required. You could and should do the same.

Next time, though, please avoid dramatic statements. Just mention what happened and inquire what could be the possible reason for it, with the URL of the thread where the problem occurred (in this thread, you have not mentioned it at all and hope you later put in the text you wanted).

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• Sign In to post your comments