You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Independence Day contest - Narrate unique online celebrations by schools and colleges- Updated.

Members,
    Time to showcase your creative writing skills once again. The occasion being our 74th Independence Day on 15th August 2020, the theme of the contest is online celebrations of India's Independence Day by schools and colleges. Hard hit by the pandemic, this year it won't be feasible for schools and colleges to celebrate the momentous occasion in the usual way. However, online platforms becoming a rage, for all activities related to education, it is no wonder, this year the Independence Day will be celebrated online by every school and college in the country. After all, come what may, in no way should our enthusiasm to celebrate this historic day get dampened.

To take this festive spirit forward and spread it far and wide, all our members are invited to post their unique creative writings on this theme. What you have to do is, submit a creative post narrating the online celebration of India's 74th Independence Day by a school or college. You may narrate about the preparation, execution, conduct or review of the program.

Following are the guidelines for this Independence Day Special contest.

1. The entries are to be submitted as a forum thread in the competition entries category under 'About IndiaStudyChannel'.
    2. The word limits should be anywhere between 400 to 500 words.
    3. The last date for submission of entries is 14th August 2020.
    4. Provide a link at this thread for your entry. Similarly, provide a link to this contest thread in your post at the end of the write-up. Learn how to create a hyperlink, in case you are not familiar with them.
    5. Only one entry per author.
    6. Provide a search engine friendly title to your thread.
    7. Though not mandatory, provide a relevant internal link to any section of ISC. It can also be a link (internal) to the school or college where you have studied.
    8. Not necessary to name the school or college you choose. It can be an imaginary one.
    9. You may edit your write-up for small corrections any time until the close of the contest
    10. Ensure no inappropriate words are used against any person, religion, race or country. All other forum posting guidelines are to be strictly followed.
    11. In case of any queries, post them here in this contest announcement thread itself.

Rewards:
    Cash prize of Rs 125/- for the best entry, Rs 100/- for the second best and two consolation prizes of Rs 50/-. Even a second additional entry could be given the top prize, if there are two such outstanding entries. Other non-winning entries will be credited with additional points and CC as per the quality of the posts.

So, what are you waiting for? Participate in huge numbers and be as creative as you can. Editors are also welcome to participate. All the best everyone.

Last date: 23:59 hrs 14 Aug 2020
    Dear sir, I have a query. What should we have to write? About an online programme or about the preparation of online programmed of Independence Day. Please let me know.

Can I write anything related to online Independence programme?

Honesty is the best policy.

Sorry Hakkimuddin, could not come earlier, as I was facing login issues. Yes, you are right, the program you narrate has to be an online one. You can be a student, teacher, principal, coordinator, etc and should relate how your school celebrated the Independence Day through online songs, dances, skits, poems, messages, speeches, sketches and other cultural activities. Except for the say, flag hoisting, most other activities could be pre-recorded ones by students and staff. You, as a student or staff will have to just visit the Facebook or youtube page or any social platform of the school at the given time when the program is being relayed and create a post narrating the events.

These are just a few points. You can be as creative as you can.

Patience and perseverance pays

Kindly find my entry for the competition from the below link :

A unique college Online Independence Day Celebration amid pandemic.

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

My entry for the contest is Online Independence Day celebration- Participating as an alumni.
    “It is better to change an opinion than to persist in the wrong one." – Socrates

Thanks, Varghese and Saji Ganesh for coming up with your entries. Others too may submit theirs at the earliest.

Dhruv, here is my entry for the contest on 74th Independence Day celebrations: Independence Day celebration online: Alumni participated too!.
    Regards,
    Nadeem Naqvi

World without God is Zero without One!

Thanks, Nadeem Naqvi. Members, the last date is closing in and all of you are requested to post your entry before the clock strikes 12 am (midnight) on 15th August 2020

My entry for the contest is here:
    How to celebrate Independence Day online? : A review of an unforgettable movement

Honesty is the best policy.

My Entry for the contest
    Online freedom to celebrate Indian Independence Day

No life without Sun

My entry for this online 15th August celebration in school is as under -
    Dance competition during 15th August online celebration in school.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

This is my submission for this contest on independence day celebrations story writing competition.
    A memorable online Independence day celebrations

drrao
    always confident

My entry for the competition is as below -

A Memorable Independence Day at IPBS amid the coronavirus pandemic

Ryyu, will request you to provide a clickable link to your article. In case you are not familiar with hyperlinks, then please refer the page on clickable links available at the help section. Similarly, provide a clickable link to this thread at your contest post.

#Sun and Saji, you are also requested to add a link to this contest thread at your post.

Dhruv,
    I have originally provided a link in my thread in the first line itself . Anyway I changed it to the bottom line of my thread.

No life without Sun

Here goes my entry to the contest:

Celebrating Independence Day online with the true spirit

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

My entry for this contest for writing narration on the 15th August online celebrations in a school -
    Reciting patriotic poem during online celebrations of school on the eve of Independence day.

Knowledge is power.

Dhruv, link added.
    “It is better to change an opinion than to persist in the wrong one." – Socrates

Here is the entry from my side on the topic.
    Getting best student award on Independence day a great pride

K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Hi all,
    The contest closes today by 23:59 hours. So post your entries by midnight.

Thanks Dhruv for accepting the entries up to midnight today and Shampa please append your response to this contest before the end of the day.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Well, I tried it but to no avail seems the option is somehow banned for newcomers , here's what it says in red letters

URLs and Hyperlinks are allowed only for regular and active contributors of this website. If you are looking for including URLs of any business you are associated with, you must become a regular contributor of this website by sharing non-promotional content.

There is nothing for old members and newcomers. All are the same. Try to give a link using html tags.
    No life without Sun

My entry:

Online Celebration of India's Independence by a girls' school

shampasaid

Here is my entry for the contest:

Preparation of Independence Day Celebration in an Innovative Way

My entry for independence day contest A memorable independence day-celebrated virtually

I tried to add a clickable link to this contest thread through editing the forum thread but was unable to do so. Hope you will accept my entry for the contest.

Lead the leader

No issue Ryyu, done for you this time. Learn it before the next contest. Anyone can give a clickable link, it is very easy and there is no bar, whether newcomer or old-timer.

And thanks to everyone, for participating in big numbers. Wishing you all a very Happy Independence Day.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.