You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Active GD-The results of the National Education Policy 2020 will be positive- Best Participants!

The recently concluded Active GD on the topic The results of the National Education Policy will be positive- Agree or Disagree had an encouraging and active participation. At the outset, I thank all the participants for putting up their arguments well and for maintaining the decorum of the forum.

Though many points in the policy was not covered by the participants and a few of them kept their arguments around a few, the discussion was quite lively with the participants attempting to strengthen their stand and also posing questions and countering the view points of others. I must say that most of the arguments were put forth logically and that is a highlight.

The draft policy submitted by Dr K. Kasthurirangan Committee which had about 484 pages was reduced to 64 pages when it was approved by the Cabinet. There may be additions or amendments before it finally becomes a bill. We also need to understand that most of the recommendations will bring in results only if they are implemented as intended by the committee. Again, there are many recommendations which call for an amendment to certain Constitutional provisions before being implemented. So, as of now, it is just that the policy has been accepted by the Cabinet, there are many hurdles to be crossed before it actually becomes a bill and is implemented. And the final results are something that we need to wait and see.

So now, we are announcing the Best Participants of the GD and they are-

1. Venkiteswaran

2. Chitra

3. Nadeem Naqvi and

4. Dr. Deepali Gangwar

It has also been decided to award SuN a Consolation prize for his timely interventions.

The best participants will receive a cash reward of Rs 150/- each and the consolation prize is of Rs 50/-.

Cash rewards and additional points as deemed fit would be added to the best responses from the other participants too based on their overall performance.

Friends, please join me to congratulate the winners! We hope to see more of you joining such debates as and when they are announced.
    This was one of the most interesting contemporary topic and the participants have participated with much zeal and vigour. Though my contribution was to the limited extent but I have read the views of others and can say that I am immensely benefited by all those information and points that were brought out by the members there. Now the outstanding participants are being mentioned and awarded and I take this opportunity to congratulate all the winners for their respective awards. Well done and keep up your good work in ISC. All the best.
    Knowledge is power.

My hearty congratulations to Venkiteswaran sir, Ms Chitra, Mr Nadeem Naqvi and Dr. Deepali Gangwar for winning the best participant of the GD. My sincere congratulations to Mr Sun for winning consolation prize for the same GD.

Thanks to all the participant and Saji sir to conduct the GD on a very important national issue.

Honesty is the best policy.

I congratulate Mr. Venkiteswaran, Ms. Chitra, and Dr. Deepali Gangwar for winning the best participant of the GD Active GD-The results of the National Education Policy 2020 will be positive...
    I also congratulate Mr. Sun for winning the consolation prize.
    I would agree with Mr. Saji for his opening comment here on this thread that most of the points were not discussed. I think the availability of the draft of the policy was a limitation.
    I also feel that the members were just busy arguing rather than reading any new reply.
    On the whole, it was fun and discussion was cordial and reasonable.
    Thanks to all the participants.

Regards,
    Nadeem Naqvi

World without God is Zero without One!

My sincere congratulations to all the four winners of this active GD on NEP 2020. It was an excellent discussion on a newborn subject. We have taken only the core points for discussion. Yet we could not discuss all the points, especially the three language formula which is an important topic that affects the non-Hindi speaking states. I think a separate GD would be interesting.
    Venkiteswaran has really put forth the valid points for discussion, Chitra, Nadeem and Deepali did their best.
    I too pat on my back for interfering with my points to win a consolation prize.

Overall, it was an Active GD to benefit the readers.

No life without Sun

Hearty congratulations to the winners of Active GD-The results of the National Education Policy(NEP) 2020, Venkiteswaranji, Chitra, Nadeem Naqvi, Dr Deepali Gangwar and Consolation prize winner SuN. Every participant had raised their point about the NEP accordingly and the best of the lot is awarded. Keep up the spirit and keep on participating. I would also like to thank the organisers, jury and ISC for coming up with the active group discussion on the latest passed education policy which opens and clears the doubt or understanding with the members.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Congratulations to Venkiteswaran Sir, Chitra, Nadeem Naqvi and Dr. Deepali Gangwar for winning the Active GD. I also extent wishes to Mr. Sun for securing the consolation prize in the same. To participate and win in any GD, one needs to be regular to keep the track of the discussion and that was the reason I could not participate.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Congratulations to all the best participants and the consolation prize winner of this lively GD. Many aspects were discussed and the participants expressed their views sticking to their own position in a spirited way. My best wishes to all the other participants and I am sure they will participate in such GDs with the same enthusiasm in the coming days.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Congratulations to Venkiteswaran Sir, Chitra mam, Nadeem Naqvi sir and Dr. Deepali Gangwar mam for getting winning award for Active GD. I also congratulate Mr. Sun sir for securing the consolation prize in the same. I missed to take part in this GD as I have also submitted a thread on same topic, and missed to read the active GD notice after that. It was very informative GD though.
    Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

I congratulate all the winners in the GD on The results of the National Education Policy 2020 will be positive. Overall a very good GD with participation from many members. I wish and hope that all the winners will continue their good work and win many more awards in the coming days.
    drrao
    always confident

My hearty congrats to GD winners Venkatiswaran, Chitra, Nadeem and Deepali and a word of appreciation to Sun for timely intervention in the GD and winning consolation prize.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congratulates for all the active group discussion participants on National Education Policy 2020. I congratulate all the winners Venkiteswaran, Chitra, Nadeem Naqvi, Dr Deepali Gangwar and consolation winner Sun.
    Lead the leader

I congratulate all the winners for their respective prizes. Keep it up!
    shampasaid

Congratulations to all the winners Mr. Venkiteswaran, Ms. Chitra, Mr. Nadeem Naqvi and Dr. Deepali Gangwar of this timely conducted GD. I also wish to congratulate Mr. Sun for achieving consolation prize for his giving hints for improving the quality of discussion. I appreciate all other participants for airing their views to make the discussion lively.

Congratulations to Venkiteswaran sir, Chitra, Deepali gangwar and Nadeem naqvi on being the winners of this group discussion.
    I would further like to extend my wishes to Sun sir, on winning the Consolation prize. It was really a healthy discussion lead by you all. Somehow I couldn't see the thread and missed this discussion but I am hoping forth to be a part of all such upcoming GDs in future.
    A good competition thread posted by Saji Sir. Sir, hoping to see such more competitive threads.

Let's enlighten paths with the ray of knowledge.
    Monika Kushwaha

The cash rewards and points to the winners and the enhanced points and cc to other eligible participants have been credited.
    “The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

I congratulate Chitra, Nadeem Naqvi and Dr. Deepali Gangwar for being selected as best participants in the Active GD -"National Education Policy 2020 will be positive-Agree or disagree".
    I congratulate SuN for being awarded Consolation prize for his timely interventions.
    I am happy that I am selected as one of the best participants.
    While I agree with Saji that 'many points in the policy was not covered by the participants ', I had felt this handicap. In fact I had read the policy, the draft and some prior materials on the matter. I could not come with them in the discussion to the extent I wanted. One of the reasons was the restriction in posting. As I cannot post more than a couple of posts before some other participant posts, that became a limitation. More over when the points are not coming for discussion it may become a monologue and catalogue type progress.
    Still, I had tried to bring to the possible extent more points and dealt with them. As the time was given for reparation, I sincerely and seriously prepared, but could not come up with the way I intended.
    The restriction to take a one-sided stand and not to take a balanced view also affects the discussion. It had to be agreed or disagreed for the sake of it. It is not possible to totally repudiate or totally agree to such things. But for the sake of the GD guidelines we have to stick to our side and carry on discussion even though we are not fully convinced about it. There may be some clauses we agree with and some others that may need some amendment as per our thinking.
    However, online GD is tailored in a different way. So sometimes it defeats the seriousness of a discussion about the matter in hand.

Venkiteswaran sir, your contention regarding the requirement of a participant taking a side cannot be agreed to. The GD was to discuss whether the result of the new policy would be positive or otherwise. While it is agreed that there may be positives and negatives in a policy or for that matter, any issue, it is the total and final result that is required to be discussed. So, if a participant is of the opinion that despite the negatives the policy will bring in positive results, he should argue the topic highlighting the positive points and trying to sidetrack or justify the negatives and vice versa. If one has to maintain a balanced view, how can it be debated? It may be a limitation for the participants but then that is the point that acts as the challenge- attempting to logically disagree even when you actually agree or vice versa.

I posted this response just to clarify the point and not for any further discussion on the same.

“The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

Congratulations to Best participants Mr Venkiteswaran, Chitra, and Nadeem Naqvi for winning the Active GD. I am thankful to ISC for my prize. I also extend wishes to Mr. Sun for winning the consolation prize in the Active GD contest. I thanks to all the members for their congratulatory wishes.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.