You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

Is cleaning of "Forum" and "Resource" section also expected soon?

Today Webmaster Tony John sir announced about cleaning of "Jobs section" through thread Archival of data in Jobs section

It is surely a very wise decision, as it will reduce the outdated job notifications and will make latest job posts prominent. Further more, as mentioned by the webmaster it will reduce extra burden from the web space point of view.

Same as job section many forum threads and and articles(resources) posted since the inception on IndiaStudyChannel.com are now seemingly out of date. As ISC has been working since more than 11 years, it is quite obvious that many articles and forum threads make no sense as per today's readers demands.

Hence, can we expect same sort of cleaning in "Forum" and "Resource" section as well?
    Deepti, Tony sir has already mentioned in the thread to which you are referring that the cleaning process will take place in other sections too.
    “The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

It is always better to discard old information which is no longer relevant these days. It is like cleaning our wardrobe once in a while. If we don't do that the waste material will get accumulated and create problems. Even in our company websites also emails for individual accounts will get removed once in a while.
    When we search for information on Indianstudychannel very old messages will also appear. If the cleaning is done now further they may not appear in our search. Anyhow webmasters may know how many years information can be retained on the site.
    Today from last 2 or 3 hours the site is not getting opened and it is showing an error message. I don't know whether it is due to this cleaning activity. Today morning I am busy and I have not logged in. I tried in the afternoon. But the site is not responding.

drrao
    always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.