You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

It is good to check the bill before leaving the shop

Yesterday I went to a vegetable shop and after my purchase was over, the vendor gave a chit contains the items and amount I have to pay. Normally I do not check the bill and the total etc., But due to some intuition, I checked the total and found a difference of Rs.50 in the total which they mentioned shortly. I immediately told this to him and gave fifty rupees from the balance given by him. He expressed his thanks. Subsequently I went to a mini supermarket and bought some grocery items with the list taken by me. A girl in the counter made the bill in billing machine and told the amount to me. I paid the amount by credit card and returned home with the items she kept in my bag. I did not check the bill by assuming the same would be correct as it has been done in billing machine. After returning my aunt checked the bill and told a sum of Rs.41 added for sugar one kilo which was not bought by me. Next day, I took the list I took when going to the shop and the bill. I explained the counter girl by showing my list in hand and she accepted the mistake and refunded the difference amount.
    I learnt from this to check the bill and cash which helps both to us as well the vendor.
    I do agree with the author that we must be conscious enough to check the material and money given for the items thus purchased and once we leave the place there cannot be claims. Every shop and super market has the warning for the customer to verify what they are buying as to the quality and quantity and then also the price how it is calculated, Some times the quantity would have been given half kg but the billing done for one kg. Normally in Marwadi shops the workers would count the material and also tally the amount billed before leaving the shop for the good of shop owner and the customer.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is always good to check the bills. At times it could be an overbilling or short billing. It helps to get both the shop keeper and the customer satisfied. It matters a lot to the person who spends money on budget basis. At times, the variation could be very negligible amount and also a very big amount.

Along with the bill, it would be good to count the balance cash also. At times, Rs. 100/- comes in place of Rs. 50/- and vice verse.

No life without Sun

It is always good to check the bills before we settle the payment. No discrepancy may be there but it is advisable to check. Chances will be there to have some difference.
    Once I stayed in a hotel when I want out of the station on office work. I stayed there and when I took the room, they offered me a 15% discount. But when I was checking out I asked them the bill and I checked it. That discount was not given. Then I asked them about that. The front desk person contacted the manager and then that amount was reduced from the bill. Like this sometimes bill may be less than what we have to pay. So I always check the bill and pay.
    Many people will not check the bill. But afterwards, they realise the problem and then start worrying about the same. It is always better to be careful so that we need not have any problems afterwards.

drrao
    always confident

Before payment check your bill one more time and calculate it properly this is one of the mandatory rules which we should follow. When I was a child I went to market with my mother and she suggests me to check the price of the things which we buy then calculate them then pay to the shopkeeper and now it becomes a habit infect all of us follow the same procedure but nowadays many people avoid to calculate their bills as many of them thought bill is generated by computer so why would we need to calculate it but it is not a good habit we should check bill properly before payment.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

It is rightly said that we have to be careful while transacting with money. Children get easily fooled by vendors.

I had read in an article that when we buy some provisions or any items for our house, we have to stay there at the shop premises, check the cash slowly once or twice to get confirmation. They may also charge more than the MRP too.

Vendors have the differences in weighing scale to get 50gms from each sale of grams. They raise the bill and finally show us that they have given discount on the total bill. This is just to motivate us to make future purchases in the same shop.

Lead the leader

It is always better to check the bill before leaving the shop to avoid the second trip or unnecessary inconvenience of getting it rectified later. Mistakes are very common in these places and when there is rush time, they happen in an increased frequency. One thing about which I am a bit baffled and rather say perplexed is that most of the times these mistakes have a pattern. When I say pattern it means that these shopkeepers never charge us less and most of the times the mistakes are such that we are overcharged. So, it is just a coincidence or intentional act of cheating that is to be understood properly. If it happens frequently one has to be alert and indicate to the shopkeeper that if such things happen again then probably we have to change the shop. Customer has all such rights with him to tackle these cheaters, if they are actually doing it intentionally, properly.
    Knowledge is power.

It is always better to check the the bill amount and the commodities appearing in the bill. We have a misconception that the billing is generated through the machine and hence there would not be any error in the computation. After all the salesman/ sales girls are busy in their activities and entries made by them in respect of quantity may not match. There could be charging of one kg of commodity where as the amount purchased is half a kg.
    Once you leave the counter, you may not turn up for the minor mistake.

• Sign In to post your comments