You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Aadhaar cards for cows and buffaloes

Yesterday a cow was roaming in our street. My granddaughter wants to offer some bananas to it. We were waiting in our gate with some bananas in our hand. The Cow came slowly to our gate and starting eating the bananas we offered.
    I found a tag on the ear of the cow. I am not able to understand what is that label for. I asked my son who was also standing there with us. He says it is the identity card of that cow like our Aadhaar Card. I never know that cows and buffaloes will have identity cards.
    Then I searched on Google and came to know that unique identification number t is currently being developed to track the population of livestock. Information is being developed by the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB). In the first phase stock of India's female cow and buffalo will be counted.
    Do you know this?
    It is to be noted that the cattle is the asset of some owners and they do send them to graze and the owner will not tow them, As per GHMC rules no cattle is allowed to roam freely on the roads and thus they are likely to be taken away to the cattle pond maintained by the GHMC. But here comes the tricky situation to identify the real cattle by the real owners as almost all the cattle looks same in the bunch. Therefore in order to give the indication to the GHMC the cattle given the Aadhaar number so that no one can take away them illegally. Moreover the central and state governments announce welfare measures for the cattle growth and the benefit of the transfer would go to the owner if Aadhaar card is taken against each cattle. In Begum Bazar area more cows can be found without the Aadhaar identification and they may be taken away.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments