You must Sign In to post a response.
This thread is the joint consolation prize winner of the Independence Day unique online celebration contest
  • Category: Competition Entries

Online Independence Day celebration- Participating as an Alumni.

I was woken up from my afternoon siesta by the sound of my mobile. 'Am I speaking to Dipak Sharma'? said the matured voice from the other end. I replied in the positive and then she introduced herself as the principal of Mezhur Higher Secondary School, Kohima, of which I happen to be an alumni. I was quite surprised as she continued, 'Dipak, I am told that you are in the visual media field. I have called you to request for a help.'

My surprise grew into anxiety as I asked her, 'Ma'am, what can I do for you?'

"Let me get to the requirement straight,' she said and continued, ' As you are aware, we, none of us are in a position to celebrate the upcoming Independence Day the way we have been doing it in the past. So, we were thinking of organizing a function online. Do you think it is possible?'

Now excitement took over anxiety and I readily said yes. "Ma'am, have you made any plans?' I asked.

She seemed to have everything on her fingertips and pat came the reply. "Yes. We will have our selected students record their performances, individual, for reasons known to you, in traditional dresses and send it to you. We have given them the choice of selecting between songs and dances and then fancy dress for a variety. The theme of the program will be patriotism. Since you have agreed to support the program, we will ask them to send it to you'.

I interrupted asking her about the flag hoisting ceremony.

'Yes, I am coming to it,' she said. 'We will be organizing a function in the school which we are planning to telecast live on our Facebook page. Only a few teachers, staff and students would be attending the same. We will have a model assembly, the Flag hoisting and followed by sweets distribution. Just after the live telecast, the recorded programs must go on line. To ensure continuity, we will add a vote of thanks by our school vice captain at the end of the program from the school assembly itself'.

'This sounds to be a great idea, ma'am. I will surely do the needful and ensure that our online Independence Day celebration is appreciated and goes viral. There are a few other points the details of which I will send you once you mail me the final requirement'.

'Oh, that was no nice of you Dipak. I am glad that you accepted our request unconditionally', she said with an audible happiness in her tone.

"It is my pleasure, ma'am. I consider myself so privileged and lucky to be able to be part of this unique initiative by my Alma Mater. I promise that the celebration online would be a visual treat'.
    'Okay. So we are on the game now.' She said.

'Sure ma'am. I will keep in touch'.

Lying back on my bed, I was feeling like a high school student once more.

Entry for Independance Day contest
    There are many ways to conduct online celebrations and one such method is well presented by the author. It is very good for an old student of the institute helping the institute in conducting the online celebrations. A good idea.
    drrao
    always confident

Really a very good write up by Mr Saji sir and it is really a pleasant movement when we help the school where we have studies and have spent our golden days. Really a very good idea presented by Saji sir. I enjoyed reading this thread.
    Honesty is the best policy.

It's a wonderful writeup where the excitement of the alumni is well understood. We always have some responsibilities towards the institution in which we studied and when we get a chance to play a role we feel elated. That is what happened to Dipak Sharma in this thread.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Wonderful idea of celebrating independence day in this way...Students are also missing their school days and thinking about the preparation they were doing in last independence day , this type of celebration will bring excitement and joy among those students. And sir its really matter of pride for you to be part of this celebration of your old school.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

A well explained and program about the celebration the school Alumni is planning for this year Independence celebration with the help of its students and other members. The plan and other plans are well explained and thought to celebrate with the same pomp during the pandemic and keeping the patriotic spirit. A good thought from the writer.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Participating as a alumni is the good thought during this challenging time and the school management would be highly pleased to have old students in these great celebrations online.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The concept of an alumni connectingto the storyline given is quite imaginative and creative. A diferent line of thinking.

The author has beautifully subjected the thread with the imaginary storyline. This would make the Alumni be a part of these events which they would have missed since they left the educational institutes.
    Regards,
    Nadeem Naqvi

World without God is Zero without One!

The author has well conceptualised the idea of bringing in the Alumni as a part and parcel of the online function. What can be more satisfying for an old student other than helping his school people during the Independence day celebrations.
    Knowledge is power.

An online independence day celebration to be relayed on Facebook is a wonderful approach, especially with the programs from students makes a lot of difference. As students also feel that they are not left behind when compared to the earlier year programs.
    Lead the leader

• Sign In to post your comments