You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Who is role model during your college period?

I have studied PUC and B.Com in one college in Madurai. Our Commerce HOD was my role model in my life. During admission for PUC in that college, due to some reason the college principal refused me admission in Science Group though I have recommendation. My paternal uncle, who was a lecturer in the same college, tried his level best for the group. But they refused. By seeing this situation, Commerce HOD gave me a seat in Commerce group by using his power. Since then he sat well in my mind. Then automatically I got seat in B.Com. He was a double post graduate with LLB. He took Business Correspondence and Business Organization & Management for us. His way of taking classes was superb and still his teachings are in my mind. During the three years, professor called me to his room and gave some small works in connection with the Department like keeping library books account etc.

By his seeing his double post graduation, I wished to have at least one Post graduation in my life. I succeeded in this.
    I have a relative. He is a Professor at Andhra University, Waltiar. He studied BE in Kakinada. Then went to Russia to do a PhD there. He learned the Russian language and submitted his PhD thesis on Soil Mechanics in the Russian Language. He came back and joined Andhra University as Lecturer. He is a down to earth person and leads a very simple life and never show off that he is a Professor. He respects elders and he treats all in a good manner. He also learned Sanskrit and written poems and books in Telugu. I always treat him as my role model.
    I have the chance of staying with him for 3 months during my studies. I have seen his discipline. Slowly I tried to inculcate all his habits. I don't know how much I learned? Now he is around 85 and stays with his wife at Waltair only. I am happy if can learn 50% of his humble behaviour.

drrao
    always confident

During my college days, I was highly influenced with the teaching style of sir B.K.P Sinha teaching us statics and his guidance was superb in almost all the chapters even though such chapters were not related to statics. His formulations and guidance compelled us to review this subject afresh and by the time, we were on the verge of appearing in the subject Mathematics in the final year, we hardly touch the Mathematics- text book recommended for the course but his precise notes in each subject was taken up for revision. This not only shortened the process of revision, most of us achieved beyond 80 percent marks in Mathematics. Thanks for his invaluable guidance and still I have his cherished memories.

• Sign In to post your comments