You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Self-confidence is the biggest strength for success.

Self-confidence means self-belief and control. Being confident in our life is as important as the fragrance in a flower, no matter how talented a person is, he cannot do anything without confidence.

Self-confidence is the foundation of success, due to lack of confidence a person doubts the work done by him. Self-confidence is with the person who is satisfied with himself and who possesses the wealth of determination, hard work and dedication, courage, commitment etc.

The biggest enemy of self-confidence is the fear of failure in doing any task and to remove fear, then do the work in which you are afraid. Believe in yourself, make goals and commit to accomplish them. When you meet the goal you have created, it increases your confidence.
    It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures." is a quote by Oprah Winfrey who was rejected many times but is the most successful anchor of her times. It is true that if you have self-confidence then even if you are wrong, you will be able to make people believe that whatever you are telling is true. During our viva, we would be called in a group of three in the sequence of our roll number. In my group, we had a friend who would answer every question with full confidence and the two of us would be wondering as to what he was saying as we knew that it is wrong. We would confront him after the viva but he would say, if I am wrong, let the external or sir say it. When the marks came, he got a good score in viva and once we approached our sir with the same question and the reply that we got was that they know that the answer is wrong but sometimes, its the confidence with what a student answer to our question is what we check as it is possible, you may not know it but you have the courage and fortitude to face it with full confidence. I would end my comment with this quote by Bruce Lee, "Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it."
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Self-confidence is very important in our lives. We should know our abilities and we should have confidence in our abilities to complete the work successfully. We should not start any work without confidence that we will be successful. Once we start with confidence, we will try all ways and means to complete the work successfully. If you start work without confidence, you will have a casual approach and you may be successful or otherwise. Confidence will boost our energies and see that we will rise to the occasion and work with more vigorously.
    But self-confidence can't become overconfidence. If we become overconfident we may not be on our toes to see that we will be successful. Overconfidence will make us a little careless and that will lead us to failures. That is why avoid overconfidence but never lose confidence. That is the secret of success.

drrao
    always confident

Self-confidence is a necessary element in every person's life. It takes a step closure to success. It also gives us thoughts and ideas to reach our goals.

Recently, I watched a film where the students in a school were just clearing their exams but when they were filled with the self-confidence they were leading the first place in the district level. This evidently shows that the sparkle of self-confidence can create a unique opportunity in each individual to reach the heights.

Lead the leader

Well said by the author. Self confidence is something that pushes one to even do the job which is beyond one's capabilities. I have seen some leaders that they are so self confident about their oration that you give them 5 minutes and they will deliver a beautiful speech commensurate with the occasion. No doubt they have the knowledge also but to do it in such a short time requires self confidence. It is one of the most important trait that one possesses to one's advantage. There are many people who have good knowledge but due to their own inhibitions, introvert nature, lack of confidence, they do not come on the front and suffer in their lives.
    Knowledge is power.

For that matter those who are surviving the onslaught of pandemic is the testimony of they having huge self confidence and that alone can keep them ahead of others. Self confidence is the biggest strength and energy for those who can turn the table to their side and with their surge of progress others tries to emulate them and thus becomes the great person in the society. We know Covid 19 is most dangerous disease, at the same time when one takes the precautions and follows the rules and keep his or body immunization at great level no virus or disease can weaken the person. The self confidence factor gives best results always because we are sure of achieving the success against the all odds and that proves that we are even prepared for the worst eventualities and thus this attitude baffles the weak persons around us.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

If you fear a lot that you cannot do what you know then you require self-confidence. Other than that the term has of not much use. I know many would disagree with me but that's what I feel. Varghese in his reply @ #707730, has cited an example of his friend during viva and also the reply of the teacher that they check how confidently a student can reply with the wrong answer. I am surprised! It is something like confidently telling a lie to make it appear as truth. How progressive it is I do not know. I am not aware that how many students scored high marks by confidently writing the wrong answers. If you know the process, confidence works, if you do not know the process, confidence will do more harm. To me, confidence is the opposite of nervousness. If you know something and not at all nervous in expressing it do you still require confidence? I don't think so.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Yes, with the confidence alone, you can sail through the critical phase. Now let us consider a case, where the aspirant is trying his best to recall up the answers read from his text - book but he has completely forgotten to recapitulate the same while writing the answers in the examination. It is due to the sheer nervousness he is not able to connect the same already read recently. If the candidate is confident enough to face the examination boldly, he won't forget the texts and this is the best advantage of being overconfident. Overconfidence is the trait which requires consistent practices so as to be masters of such qualities.
    However, I would not approve of such smartness where the aspirant answers the questions wrongly in a confident manner, may be in some isolated instances he comes out with the unexpected success, but it may happen otherwise in other situations. Smartness is the means to provide the correct answers with the stormy brain exercise without loosing the nerves.

• Sign In to post your comments