Online Academic Conversation Contest-Participate and Win Prizes!Members,
Here is an opportunity for you all to not only showcase your writing skills but to exhibit how well you converse. During this pandemic situation, the one term which we repeatedly hear is 'Online Classes'. So, let us use that as the topic of our contest to develop an interesting and informative conversation. All members including editors are welcome to participate.
The theme: Online Academic Conversation Contest.
What you have to do: Submit a conversation on any one of the scenarios mentioned below. The conversation should happen between 2 - 4 persons (not more than 4). You can give names to the people or you can also just give the designation of the people involved in the conversation (e.g: Principal, Maths Teacher, HOD-ECE Department, etc). The conversation set should be a Video conferencing call/ Zoom meeting/any online meeting. The conversation should be in English only. Do not use indecent words, slang words, SMS language, short forms and double meaning dialogues. The conversation can be formal or informal depending upon the scenario. You can have a small and crisp introduction before the conversation (only if it is necessary). Submit your conversation in response to this thread.
List of scenarios:
1. Students from different schools/colleges sharing their experiences of online classes.
2. The college principal discussing with the HODs about the online academic strategies to get more students interested in joining their college.
3. Parents discussing their kids' interests in online classes.
4. Teachers or Professors discussing the different ways on how to give assignments and conduct online tests to the school/college students.
5. College HODs discussing with their department faculty about innovative ways to conduct online classes in their respective technical subjects.
6. Teachers from different schools discussing tools, devices and software they are using to conduct online classes.
7. Professors discussing with the HODs of their respective departments about the difficulties/problems they face while conducting online learning sessions and the ways to solve it.
8. Teachers/Professors from different schools/colleges sharing their online teaching experience.
9. School Teachers discussing with the Principal about how to conduct interactive online classes for primary class students.
10. Parents sharing their suggestions/comments/complaints regarding online classes to the teachers in an Online Parent Teacher Association (PTA) Meeting.
1. Each member can submit one entry only. The entry should be submitted in a proper conversation format as a response to this thread only.
2. You can select any one of the above-given scenarios even if there are already conversations submitted on it by some other members.
3. The conversation must have only one relevant internal link to any page of ISC. It will be especially useful to give a link to a school/college/course page/AE academic-related query/articles.
4. There is no maximum or minimum word limit as such, but the conversation should be concise, to the point and not too lengthy, approx. 650-700 words. The conversation should have a proper start and conclusion (meaning, it should not end abruptly).
5. The conversation should be informative, and realistic.
6. You are allowed to edit your entry only to correct the spelling, grammar, put an internal link, etc but do not change the core content and conversational dialogues after the first submission.
7. Do not violate the posting guidelines and general forum policies of ISC. Learn how to create a hyperlink.
Sample format for the entry:
Scenario: (Mention the scenario you have selected from the above-mentioned list)
A conversation between teacher and principal
1. The best two entries will be given a cash prize of Rs.100/- along with a certificate of creativity.
2. The next best entry will be rewarded with a cash prize of Rs. 75/-
3. Other suitable entries will be considered for additional points and cash, max. up to 25 points and 25 cc.
Note: We may increase the prizes depending on the quality of the content submitted.
If you have any doubts, kindly post your query in a response to this thread itself. Please do not post unnecessary responses and comments in this thread other than the doubts related to this contest.
The last date to submit your entry is 25th August 2020, midnight (IST). The content submitted after the deadline will be summarily rejected.
Spin your wheel of conversational skills, generate ideas and start writing realistic academic conversations. All the best!
Update(23.08.2020): The closing date has been extended to 29th August 2020, midnight(IST)