You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What was your first online order from e-commerce site?

Online shopping is now becoming a new normal especially in metro cities. Today I was checking Flipkart and somehow memory of my first order flashed in front of my eyes. I has ordered Casio Calculator way back in 2008. After placing the order, I was really happy but at the same time very nervous too that, will the order come to me or not as it was a prepaid order. I remember that the order did get delivered 1 day before the promised date and I was really happy to see the product in my hand. The memmory is still vivid as if it had happened yesterday.

Online shopping was already there in form of e-bay, but I was very afraid of ordering online but since the first order in 2008, I have never looked back. There have been few poor experiences also but mostly I have had a great experience overall with Amazon and Flipkart and few more e-commerce sites.

What experience members have to share and do they remember the first product ordered and from which e-commerce site?
    We have ordered the mixie from the famous e commerce site and that was our first order and even today the mixie is working good. But when we ordered the second product , a phone charging bank, it was really hopeless quality and I have returned the same and the amount adjusted towards grocery items. One thing is sure, what is shown in the image is different and what we get as the product is different. May be they are not updating the site regularly and some times the order has been turned down at the last day citing non availability of the product. They are not keeping the customers happy. Suppose if we order for someone's birthday in advance the e commerce sites are taking more days than 10 days and thus the very purpose of ordering to someone to cherish the birthday gift is lost.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I too placed my first online order in 2008. That order was for a Samsung mobile phone for my wife. Those days ordering online is a new aspect to me and I am not very conversant with online placing orders. I took the help of my son and got it done. The phone is received in good condition and no complaints. But the second-order is a little disappointing. My wife ordered two sarees seeing them online. But when we received the sarees they are not as expected and not liked by my wife. Those days they are having the returns policy in place and we returned those sarees and ordered for some other items.
    drrao
    always confident

My first online experience is with Natpol. My first order was a set of Jars for Rs. 1800/- . The delivery was prompt and good. I started my online shopping from June 2018. Till todate, I have spent about Rs. 30,000/- for online shopping. The latest order is a wallclock for Rs.375/-. Item awaited from Amazon.

According to me, Amazon, Flipcart, Snapdeal, Seniority are reliable online shoppers. Only one guy Lifefashiones cheated me with Rs. 300/-..

No life without Sun

What I have learnt from my online shopping experience is to avoid ordering clothes as they seem really good in image but they turn out pretty bad when received physically.

I only prefer Flipkart, Amazon, Firstcry for ordering most items. Electronic items, mobile, refrigerator and laptop is all I have got from Flipkart and Amazon.
    For my kid I use Firstcry for clothing and diapers.

I have even used Snapdeal, ShopClues, eBay, but have met with some bitter experience especially ShopClues.

For clothes I go to brick and mortar shop as I can see and feel the clothes there and then, lately I have used Myntra for clothes too but have to return the items 70% of times.

Live before you leave.

My first online order was in 2010 for the colourful printed bedspreads. It was a pack of four which was planned together b four employees as the cost of each was Rs.450/-. It was delivered within a week with a meagre delivery charge. Online payments were not at shoot those days hence we paid cash. This order was through a phone call and not the information which is by just clicks these days.

I have never ordered dresses as I prefer to buy on the spot without any pre-plan.

Lead the leader

My first order was for a set of two bedsheets which were looking so attractive as per their colour and were very lucrative also as the price was shown slashed down from Rs 900 to Rs 250 for each piece. When the consignment arrived I was so excited to see my purchase and opened it hurriedly. What I found was very ordinary cloth but good colour which was easily available in the local market for lesser amount. My first experience was not good.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• Sign In to post your comments