You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today is Telugu Language Day

29th of August is celebrated as Telugu Language day in Andhra Pradesh every year. This day happens to be the birthday of the Telugu poet Gidugu Venkata Ramamurthy. He was one of the popular linguists during British rule. He is instrumental in making spoken Telugu language very popular. On this day the Ap government will organise many events and honour the famous persons who brought value to the Language.

Telugu is the fourth most spoken language in India and the 15th most spoken language in the world. Every single word in this language ends with a vowel sound. That is why this language is hailed as the 'Italian of the East'. Rabindranath Tagore hailed Telugu as the sweetest Indian language.

I wish all the Telugu speaking members of ISC a happy " Telugu Language Day".
    Andharu Bhagundaali Andhulo Nenundaali goes the great saying which means everyone should do well and I should also be included in that herd. What a lovely thought process emanates from Telugu scholars of those days which not only create great impact in our life but also forms as the set theory for some. It is good that Telugu language day is being celebrated today and on this day we are duty bound to remember and think of those who have fought for the well being of this language and also its rights. It is the matter of great pride that Telugu people are spread all over the world and especially those who staying in US are having an organisation called TANA through which many scholars, many singer, many writers and many movie producers and many achievers are honored every year promoting Telugu culture.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Happy Telugu Day. Rao Garu, Bhaahunnaraa? Mohan Garu, Bhaahunnara? To all my other Telugu Friends, " Meeru Bhaahunnaraa?
    Telugu is a beautiful language as narrated by Thamizh Kavi Subramanya Bharathi. " He said, "Sundara Telunginile Paattisaithu......."
    Long live Telugu.

No life without Sun

Telugu is one of the sweetest and finest Indian languages and it has the richest contributions from eminent scholars from times immemorial. Many of these great contributions came from the ancient and even from the present scholars. The scriptures they have created have great values and taste of language in them. The lyricists and scripture writers of the Telugu movies past have enriched the beauty and sweetness of Telugu language. Our past PM PV Narasimha Rao great scholar in Telugu and has written and translated Telugu books. I wish a Telugu language day to all Telugu people.

Happy Telugu language day to all of you. It is one of the finest language. I also like this language as I am residing in Telugu state. It is spoken by a large population. I am having knowledge of this language but while speaking feel as pronunciation is little bit difficult. I think so many words come from the Sanskrit language. All words are spoken with respect in this language.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.