Inviting nominations for BadgesSome of the new members may not be aware of this - one of our reward programs is to award a Badge to a member. A Badge does not come with points or cash credits, like our other reward programs, but nevertheless it is a great matter of pride to have one's profile account with a prestigious badge. From time to time the admin. and the editorial team awards a badge to a member based on his/her contributions and we also put up a thread like this one, to request members to put in nominations.
How to nominate: Go to the member's profile page and scroll right down, where you will see the link to ' Nominate for Badge'. The link will take you to the page where you can select the badge from the drop-down options and put a reason in the comment box why you are nominating the member for the badge. Please read the instructions given there and check the number of nominations that you can put in a year, based on your membership level. Once you are done, click on 'Save' and your nomination will get added to the list of badge nominations.
Types of Badges are as follows-
1. Creative Badge for a member with a lot of creative ideas.
2. Debater Badge for a member with not only good debating skills and presenting views with proper supporting aspects, but also one who listens to the opponents without shouting or screaming at them, using decent language in trying to convince others.
3. Guide Badge for a member who is always there to guide the members, new and old ones as well.
4. Helper Badge for a member who regularly offers a helping hand to others, especially the new members.
5. Super Contributor Badge for a member who is active, regularly contributing content in one or more sections.
6. Talented Writer Badge for a member who has the potential to become a proficient writer.
7. Proficient Writer Badge for a member who has very good writing skills with the ability to present an article well and a good grasp of the English language.
8. Doctor Badge for a member who is a professional medical doctor.
9. Teacher Badge for a member who is in the teaching profession (including retired teachers).
There are two additional badges - one is the Spammer badge that editors give when they see constant spam, and the other is the Sportsman badge that we are clarifying about from the admin.
Nominate directly as per the instructions, not in responses to this thread. You can post queries, though, here. Nominate with care and not merely because the member is on your Buddy list. As per the request put in by members, we will announce badge winners in a thread, if required in two lots.