You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What is your plan on International Charity Day ?

International Charity Day is observed all over the world on September 5. We all know that this day is celebrated to commemorate the death anniversary of Mother Teresa. The day was conceived in 2011 as Hungarian Civil Society and the United Nations General Assembly officially declared 5th September as the International Charity Day in 2012.

If God has made us as much worthy that we can help others through charity, then we should always keep on doing our bit for the society. There is an area near my house where some poor people live and today I am going there with my brother to distribute some masks to those people so that they can be connected with both safety and awareness.

Have you also planned something for today? Please share with us.
    For us today is the teachers day which is more than important than international charity day. While the teachers day also falls on this day, everyone of us are duty bound to take a bow and respect our teachers who were instrumental in bringing in far reaching development in each one of us. As regards charity goes one need not remind us nor there be a day to induce us to do charity. We have been doing charity as when the situation demanded and we may not publicize the same. One thing is sure, today is very important to both aspects, as teachers have taught us the intricacies of life and knowledge and through the acquired wisdom we are bound to reach out to those who cannot afford or need the help. We need not follow others in terms of charity and we must identify those who need our help must.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

@ K Mohan Sir ,
    Sir, you are right at your place infect I have also posted another thread for teachers days also. I also respects my teachers and wanted to make this day special for all teachers , but at the same time the great lady Mother Teresa , we should not forget her great works which she done for society. As per my view both days have their own values. that is why I shared values of both days by both threads.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

We are doing some charity work on a continuous basis through donations for various purposes and definitely on this day which is important for us as teachers day and also as international charity day we would be doing some sort of donation to the needy people. Generally in our housing society, we contribute some money and give to the cleaning and sweeping staff as they are coming on duty even in these dreadful Covid-19 situation. A few months back we gave them some financial help almost Rs 3000 per person. We would be thinking on the same lines now to again compensate them for their risky work.
    Knowledge is power.

International Charity day must have started to remind those rich people across the world to reach out to those who want their help in rebuilding their life and get going. Some rich and wealthy people are so busy with amassing wealth they forget their social responsibility to help the society and thus this day is targeted to them to pledge huge amount for a great cause on larger scale. For those NGO's and philanthropists living across the world, the donation is the daily happening routine exercise and for them this charity day is another day to celebrate their great involvement in big charity during the year.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A happy international charity day to all the members of ISC. All should be well and we also should be there in that "all". This is the motto for all of us. We should help the poor and needy always. You can donate whatever is possible for you, Giving food for a beggar for a day is also a charity.
    A beggar who is having two pieces of bread will give one bread to another beggar. That should be the nature. We need not wait for the international day to show our charity. Giving food to a person when he is hungry will be more useful.
    Another aspect is that we need not advertise the donations we are giving or the charity we are showing. I will be giving donations from time to time to the needy based on the requirement and my capacity. If all the rich in the world show some charity towards the needy, I think there will not be any deaths due to starving.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments