Letter Writing Contest- Write a letter to your favourite teacher and win prizes!On the occasion of Teacher's Day, as we are reminiscing our school and college days, we are announcing a quick Letter Writing Contest. We call upon you to write a letter (not e-mail) to your favourite teacher, who might have taught you in your school, college or any other institute remembering him/ her and expressing your gratitude to him/ her.
What you have to do?
Let us imagine and place our favourite teacher in a school/ college/ institute which is listed in ISC data. It would be nice if the school, college or institute in which you had actually studied is listed here. Write a letter to your favourite teacher. You can give them a name of your choice. We would like you to come up with letters that are naturally expected in such situations. You may start with a small introduction and then bring out a few points about your school days which the teacher might also be remembering. Then conclude by expressing your gratitude and saying how the teacher has influenced/ helped you in your life.
Please try to bring in fresh and unique topics so that one letter does not resemble the other. We suggest the authors be natural, in their ideas as well as words. It would be better to avoid too many adjectives.
All members, including editors, can participate in this contest.
Rules and Guidelines(for strict compliance please):-
1. The letter should be in English only.
2. It should be a proper letter abiding by all the applicable rules, not for an email but one to be sent via postal mail.
3. You should start and end the letter with a salutation.
4. You must mention the name of the school, college or institute (not imaginary) in your letter and also provide a link to the ISC page where it is listed.
5. Put proper paragraphs, but avoid rambling letters.
6. We are not putting forward any word limit but please do not write lengthy letters. As has been said earlier, let us be natural in our approach.
7. Only one letter per member is allowed.
8. Remember that this is a proper letter, so slang, short forms of words and SMS text or emoticons are not allowed. Inappropriate language and bad words are also not allowed.
9. Please post your letters as a response to this thread only.
10. Participants can edit their entries at any time before the closing date of the contest but cannot change the contents as such.
11. Please do not post your comments/ observations etc in this thread. You may but, ask genuine doubts if any, regarding the contest, for clarification.
The contest will close at 6 PM on the 6th, that is tomorrow.
Updated at 9.30p.m.: The closing time is midnight of 6th September.
Though the number of prizes will be subject to change depending on the number of participants, we have, as of now, decided to give prizes as follows-
1st Prize- Rs 75/-
2nd Prize- Rs 50/- and
Consolation Prize- Rs 30/-
So, please read the rules and guidelines and start posting your letters soon.