You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today is International Literacy Day 2020

The UNESCO in its general conference in 1966, declares the first International Literacy Day. 8th September has been declared as the International literacy day. This day is celebrated to make people around the world know well about the importance of literacy.

Even these days where people are going online and doing many transactions online, there are people who don't have even the minimum education. Many children are not even going to school. The main reasons for this is poverty and gender inequality shown towards girls. Still, a lot of work is to be done to see that all the people will have minimum education.

I wish all the members of ISC a happy literacy day 2020.
    On this International literacy day I send my greetings to all my countrymen who have studied and made others study through their sincere efforts. As usual even this year the tiny state Kerala is leading with 96.2 percent literacy and that proves the God's own country creates platform for every one to learn and earn. This time the northern states like Delhi and Uttarakhand are fast developing in literacy with 88.7 percent and 87.6 percent. Even my state has fared well in literacy state with 72.8 percent and there is still much to be improved. But what is more concerned is Andhra Pradesh which is last in the list with 66.4 percent and thus AP has to pull the socks and both ruling and opposition parties must stop mudslinging politics and work for more literacy rate as Telangana proved to be too good in the recent years.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Happy International Literacy Day to all members. Literacy in ancient times- In ancient times people are very simple and their needs are also minimal. At that time very few people were literate. At the time when India became independent, India's literacy rate was low. Need for literacy- When man started progressing slowly, he felt the need to read and write to meet his needs. Only a literate person can work for the benefit of the country, otherwise illiterate person is unable to meet his needs in this age. Literacy is what helps a man to succeed. No one can cheat a literate person and he cannot be exploited. Steps taken for literacy- Indian government has made many efforts to increase literacy rate and make people literate. For this, National Literacy Mission etc. were started. Since the introduction of the right to education, the literacy rate has increased and people have been pushed towards education.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

• Sign In to post your comments