You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Engineer's day of India is celebrated today

15th September is celebrated in India as Engineer's day. This day is the birthday of one of the famous Indian Engineers, Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya. To show our gratitude to him for his marvellous work done in the field of Civil Engineering, this day is declared as Engineer's day and every year we will be celebrating the same.
    He was an expert in irrigation techniques and flood disaster management. 'Automatic barrier water floodgates' at the Khadakvasla Reservoir near Pune in 1903 which is the first of its kind was the key contribution of this great Engineer. He was the architect of the Krishnaraja Sagar Dam, one of the biggest dams in India. He was honoured with Indian's highest civilian award " Bharat Ratna" in the year 1955 in recognition of his contribution in India in the field of Civil Engineering.
    I wish a happy Engineer's day to all the Engineer's of the country and I hope all the members of ISC will joining me in wishing a happy Engineer's day to all Indian Engineers.
    On this day my salute and great salvation to Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya who was the greatest Engineer of all time and today his birthday is being observed as the Engineers day. On this occasion my respect and thanks goes to all the Engineers of all sects across the India and world who have been instrumental in coining and successfully completing the big projects with great ease and yet completing the same within the time limits. On this occasion a word of appreciation should go to the Engineers of Kaleshwarm project in Telangana and Polavaram in AP which has become the national projects of the country and these states truly stood to the need of farmers need of irrigation water and general public need of drinking water. Today we in Hyderabad proudly taste and have the Krishna water flowing to our kitchen taps all through the efforts of great engineers.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Happy Engineers Day. In today's time, there is a name of engineer in every region of the world. Engineers have a hand in the progress of the world, no matter what field it is. With the increase of technical knowledge, development of any country occurs. In this way, the development of the world happened much faster in this decade than in the last decade, the credit goes to the engineers of the world. For this example, if we look at the smart phone in our hand and look back and remember its history, then we get a sense of the changes happening.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

As the technology has developed so the engineers to come up with innovative ideas to satisfy the aspirations of many people dreaming of their small beautiful homes at low cost. They remember the engineers for their whole life when they stay there to share happiness with their family members. An engineer wins one's heart through his works. A salute to all.the engineers on this day to make the dreams a success.
    Lead the leader

Engineers have a great role to play in the progress of the country especially in infrastructure and industry. 15th September was celebrated as Engineers day and I also join in wishing our engineers in the country a happy engineers day and we all should take motivation and inspiration from the active life of Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya who was the main architect behind so many things as mentioned about him by other members.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.