You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What would happen if two persons, unknown to each other, are asked to argue online?

In our daily life we have occasions when we argue with our family members, relatives, friends, employees at work place etc and sometimes there is heated discussion also creating even rift and bitterness. Sometimes, we have pleasant discussion also like planning for a get to gather or a picnic with friends and things like that. In all these cases we know the other person well and our mind might be biased or prejudiced while discussing any matter with the known person and accordingly our strategy of arguing would get modified depending on with whom we are talking. Let us imagine a hypothetical situation where we are asked to discuss some matter and have a debate or argument online on some contemporary issue with an unknown person. We are neither given his credentials nor we know his background. Only clue given is that he is educated almost to same level as we are. What type of discussion it would be as biasing and prejudice related to that person are absent in this situation? Any view on this or any opinion by members?
    That's basic online trolling sir, this is done by many lobby groups both political and non- political they basically do everything from arguing to back slandrring spreading misinformation ie : fake news etc. Some of these folks are very educated but engage in such stuff for the sake of moneu, that they're paid in advance to manufacture all the hate and argument. Now it's okay to criticize a petson or group for a certain action or behaviour but remaining in the proper decorum is more important. But getting paid to manufacture opinions and promoting a certain agenda beyond a certain point is totally undemocratic and unethical. Now government has taken some action over this, but this is actually a underground business in our country. In my opinion it would most probably be about race, religion, ideology or gender but may also contain elememts about education, jobs or a favourite person or food.

I think for a person who argues simply based on the merits and demerits of the issue, it makes no difference whether the other person is a known person or unknown person. One should use polite words and respect the individuality of the other person. When the argument is going on it should be based on the point of discussion but not any other issues. We should not bring other issues into an argument. Then only it is better to continue the argument. I will retire myself from such arguments when the other person is forgetting the basics and trying to go on taking the point again and again.
    I have seen many people going out of the track during the discussion. Then the argument will become heated and go other ways. We have to struggle a lot to bring back the discussion on track. But many times the unknown persons' opinions may match with our opinions. In such conditions, the argument will not go as an argument but will go as opinion sharing.

drrao
    always confident

Even known persons do disagree and argue each others. Normally the arguments are arises only because of lack of understanding the other persons' words. That may be a suggestion or anything. we have to hear that and act according to our own either on our hold or adhering him/her. Many of us do keep in our mind that others always wrong and ourselves always correct, in that situation the argument automatically arises. It is better to adhere other's opinion as that may be valuable sometimes.

I don't think it makes any difference in arguing with any person whether known or unknown. The thing is that we have to argue logically and should put our views like a gentleman.

There are many discussion forums where we debate with unknown people, and even their real names are not known to us.

As long as the matter or the issue is debatable and argument can takes place with the opposite person, it can be done even online without knowing the credentials of the other person. Because the discussions or the debate would be held on the interactions on the subject known to both of them. In fact what I would feel that the initiation would be very interesting and there can be even appreciation from the opposite person if we successfully thwart or prevent the discussion further by tackling to all the matters he has posed and the other person amicably given the apt answer much to the surprise of even the others.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments