You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What is that one single English word that you value much in your life?

Dear Members,
    What is that one single English word (only one word) that is very important to you and you value it much in your life? And explain why that word is important to you and how it is connected with your life. Your response should be serious and frank with the real word.
    My important single word is - PENSION
    Pension is my life. My survival is on Pension. Without a Pension, I would live with a lot of Tension.

No life without Sun

Change, it gives us the knowledge to learn new fields, new things in our day to day life. If there is a monotonous job, it makes us boring to accomplish goals but if there is a change in the same job every day with slight modifications and adjustments, it makes a big difference. We have to be always ready for that change in our lives guiding us to lead to our aspirations.
    Lead the leader

My single most important word is love. That is real affection and concern for fellow human beings and their well being, irrespective of caste, or creed or religion or region.

I have tried my best to improve the lot of migrant labourers in whatever little ways I can. I have guided the careers of over two hundred students for their good careers and have got them jobs or have shown them the right path, after guiding them in ways always more than one.

I have utilized all my contacts as an HR professional over the years; hope to do show more of this kind of love and affection in the years to come as well.

{Edited}

My important single word is Respect

I think everyone is concerned about our respect and honor in the society and no one would sustain abusing or mudslinging for no reason. What ever we does it is with dedication and determination but some times we fall short of expectations and urge, but that should not be criticized as our setback or weakness within us. And when we give respect to the others, they should also behave in the same manner otherwise it hurts deeply in our heart and try to sulk and even get away.

K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

For me, Life is the most important thing, and all other things play their roles just because you are alive. Family, friends, relatives, your emotions, success, and all such things are of no value after our death. Being alive the biggest blessing!
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

"Respect" is the word which I like a lot in English. Respect is to be given and taken. It will be always in two directions. If you are not respecting a person, he may value you for some time, but he may also revolt once he thinks it is high time he is tolerating.
    Respecting others is a very important trait. Many people show a lot of respect on the face of the person but in the back, they may be talking bad about that person. It is not very difficult to identify such persons. We can be away from such persons.
    We are meeting many people in our lives. Some may be there in our lives for long. We should learn to respect them. Today we may be in power and tomorrow we may not be. So try to look at other people with respect and never degrade the people. This is the best policy. That is why we all remember that " Give respect and take respect'.

drrao
    always confident

Members,
    You have come out with words - Change, Love, Respect and Life. These are very common words and applicable to each and every individual. My demand is to know the word that is connected with your life that makes and impact in your life or affects you.

No life without Sun

Expressiveness is the word which connected to my life always. I have been liked by children and elders for my mere expressive ideas and tips given to them instantly that not only boosted their confidence level instantly but also given them extra attention in their own life. And those who meet personally for the first time end up with laughing a lot and want to feel keep coming to me often. I am not boasting myself, since the author has asked the question the answer is given here. One thing is sure, as long as you are entertainer to others your life will be smooth and going because we are not causing any harm to others.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Appreciation -
    Appreciation means revealing other's qualities to others, and to make someone feel special. It is human nature that we all want to be praised by others.

I also like to get appriciation from others for my deserving works, for example when I make some new dishes and my family praised me for this it make me feel happy. I like to appriciate others. the two words of praise also make the relationship sweet. Whether you are a partner, family member or relatives, praise everyone from time to time.

But it is important to pay attention to the fact that the appriciation should be real because there is no value for fake appreciation.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

My favourite word is BALANCE.

Now this balance is connected to my life in many forms. First and foremost is bank balance, then emotional balance, then mental balance, life balance.

This balance word may seem general but is connected to each of my needs and daily routine. Without balance there will be imbalance and that will be a disastrous.

Live before you leave.

My favourite is 'occupy'. I have a strong feeling that if we are able to occupy ourselves in either the jobs entrusted to us or jobs which we have ourselves searched out then that is something of a great achievement. Many problems in this world are there just because people are not occupied or in other words they do not have any job to do. It is a pity but it is true. So in my personal life I have always considered it as the top priority to remain occupied whether it is by simply cleaning the public park near my house along with other like minded people. Those who remain occupied gain a lot of positive energy and this not only helps them but makes the people around them also happier.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments