You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

We will now miss S P Balasubrahmanyam, the legendary singer.

Great musician, S P Balasubrahmanyam left this world today, on 25th September 2020, at 1.05 pm at the age of 74. He was in the cine field from 1966 to 2020. He was an awardee many times at the national level, among which one was the Nandi Award for Best Male Playback Singer for his songs in the movie 'Sankarabharanam' in which he rendered Tyagaraja's songs in his melodious voice. He captured the hearts of all music lovers.

There are no words to console his family and fans.
    n India no person will be there who don't know the great Singer Sri S P Balasubhrahmanyam. He is no more. He died today in MGM Hospital Chennai at about 1.04 PM.

Sripathi panditaradhyula Bala Subrahmanyam well known as Balu and SPB is a great singer and sung more than 50,000 songs in almost all south Indian languages and Hindi. He is originally from Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh and born in 1946. He got many awards in his career as a playback singer in a span of 54 years. He was in receipt of Padmasri and Padmabhushan awards from the Indian government.

He was admitted into MGM Hospital Chennai on August 5th as he got infected with Corona. Even though he was tested COVID19 negative because of other health problems he died today in the hospital. A great singer and we may not find such a singer again in the near future.

I pray to God to see that his soul will rest in peace. Om Shanthi. Om Shanthi

drrao
    always confident

I am the ardent fan of SPB voice and on his death I am deeply shocked and saddened. I remember his wonderful voice rendition of his first song " Pottu vaitha mugamo" which can be heard again and again and that happens to be his first play back singing in Tamil. And who can forget his songs for the Sankara Bharanam movie which has escalated to new level of rendition through his mesmerizing carnatic voice for the character of the film. Probably he is the only singer from South who made the impact across many languages and Hindi audience also connect to him very much. In one of the best rendition of mimicry through his old Tamil Song " Kadavul Amaithavethay Medai" which he sang for young Kamala Hassan and that was very nicely rendered with varied voice of mimicry so far no one has attempted such way. We really lost a talented music legend.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sripathi Panditharathyula Balasubrahmanyam is a legendary singer and musician of all times. He sang 50000 songs in 16 languages and 98% of these songs are hit. He got many National and state-level awards. Not only he is a great singer but also a great actor, music composer, dubbing artist, a great orator, and producer of many films. His voice is so melodious and we love to hear his songs repeatedly. Along with his normal profession of singing, he used to conduct singing programs for children and youngsters to encourage their talent on the small screen. Through these programs and encouragement, so many new singers got opportunities in Telugu film field. Not only he was a great singer but also a good human being. I pray to God to see his soul rest in peace.

Sad to see such a glorious singer part ways. RIP Balu sir.

Legendary singer S.P. Balasubrahmanyam is no more! Spanning over a career of almost fifty years, having sung over 40,000 songs in different languages mostly in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam and having won the national award six times among many other awards and citations, SPB leaves a void that would be difficult to fill in. He was an accomplished musician and had also carved his name in the fields of acting, dubbing and also film production and music direction. People close to him remember him as a big man with a child's heart. He was a down to earth person despite his successful and enviable career and had always been a good human being.

The name SPB and that catchy voice were etched in my mind with the songs of the movie 'Sankarabharanam'. Such a great singer!

My tributes to this great singer who has left for his heavenly abode today afternoon. I am sure that he will continue to live in the hearts of all music lovers for years to come. RIP SPB sir!

“The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

I am saddened to hear this news. S.P. Balasubrahmanyam was a legendary singer and received many awards for his contribution. He received Padmashri and Padma Bhushan and will be remembered by his fans everywhere. He sang in many Indian languages and his absence will be felt by his fans and music lovers all over the world. I offer my tribute to the legendary singer and my condolences to his family. May the almighty give enough strength to his family members to bear this irreparable loss. May his departed soul Rest In Peace.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

We lost a legendary versatile playback singer SP Balasubramaniyam (SPB) today. It is a great loss to Indian Cinema and the Music lovers of this world. His songs will live in our hearts as long as the earth rotates.

RIP Mr.SPB.

No life without Sun

No doubt S P Balasubramaniyam was a versatile singer and had his name in Guinness book also. He was the unprecedented star if we consider the number of songs sung by an individual. I pray God for his soul to rest in peace.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

S P Balasubrahmanyam has left behind him an amazing and astonishing record of songs and musicals which are a matter of great honour and that is why he was bestowed with so many award from the Govt also. He was able to perform in many languages and could adopt the different fluctuations and tones in his compositions and presented them with ease everywhere. I pray God for solace to his soul.
    Knowledge is power.

The news of the death of the legendary singer SP Balasubrahmanyam, who became the voice of actor Salman Khan in the 90's, has shocked and grieved Bollywood as well as all his fans in India. It is sad, but we all know that life and death, both are not in our control. We all pray to God to give peace to his soul.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

Just came across some interesting information about SP Balasubramanian while he was making forays into the Hindi film world. When Maro Charitra Telugu film remake was made in Hindi as Ek Duje ke Liye starring Kamala Hassan and Rati Agnihotri the music Composer Lakshmi Kant Pyrilal does not want a Madarasi singer to sing the song for his film and expressed apprehensions about Balu's ability but Kamala Hassan who knows the singer's talent has prevailed upon the music director to accept and thus he sang beautiful songs for the film that flattened the director, producer and the audience. Even Latha Mangeshkar has good relations with him and when his throat was not good and needed the operations to be done she said no but when the throat pain was more bothering he gone for operation risking his voice but came out winning.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

R.I.P. Sad that a versatile voice is gone. Sankarabharanam was one of my mother's favourite films.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.