You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

What is the difference between these two options in Forum section?

I recently came across an additional optional in the Forum section, not sure from when it is appearing but I saw it today. At the end of each forum thread there is a subscribe option to get emails/notifications whenever someone posts a comment/response in that thread. Just beneath that, I see another checkbox which says "Notify me by email when others post comments to this article" which I believe is also same. Can someone correct me if my understanding is wrong and let me know what is the difference between these two?
    Mr Rizwan when you subscribe on any thread you get notified only in ISC website . But when you click " Notify me by email" you get notifications only on your email .

What I understand is :
    "Subscribe" is applicable to the ISC members posting comments to the thread.
    "Notify by e-mail" is applicable when an outsider (a non ISC member) posts a comment to the article.
    Editors can clarify this doubt.

No life without Sun

Agree with SuN sir.

One more difference is that -

We can click on - checkbox which says "Notify me by email when others post comments to this article" only one time when we are responding any thread.

But we can subscribe to the thread at any time even we did not give any response or we forget to click on the checkbox which says "Notify me by email when others post comments to this article" but we will get the notification in the alerts section.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

When you subscribe to the post or the thread, surely you get the alert messages based on the responses or the comments made by other members and it is already existing feature.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Thanks for all those who have responded to this question. I would like to get a response from any of the Editors to confirm which understanding is right.
    Regards
    Rizwan

"Subscribe" and "Notify me" means the same. The only difference is, "Subscribe" option is available even without posting a response. "Notify me" option is just a shortcut to "Subscribe"
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Thanks Tony sir for your response. This thread can now be closed.
    Regards
    Rizwan

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.