You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

We forgot to salute a soldier and leader Jaswant Singh who passed away yesterday

Dear members,
    Yesterday, we lost a leader who was our former FM, DM and EAM. He was 82. He first served in Indian Army as Major and then joined politics. He was a very successful politician who held important portpolios during the Vajpayee government. He is survived by wife and two sons.

Better late than never. Let us salute. Let us pay our homage to this great man today.
    Major Jaswanth Singh was one of the founder members of the Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP). Before that, he was an officer in the Indian Army. He was a member of parliament from 1980 to 2014. He was a Rajya Sabha member for 5 times and four times in Lok Sabha.
    He was in the cabinet of Atal Bihari Vajpayee. He played a key role in keeping good relations with the USA after nuclear tests in 1998. But some differences of opinions with BJP top leaders and he was expelled from the Party by BJP.
    I pray to God to see that his soul will be rest in peace. Om Shanti. Om Shanti,

drrao
    always confident

Very sad to know that former five times RS member and four times LS member Jaswant Singh is no more and person of par excellence who is liked by former PM Atal Behari Vajpayee , During his stint as the Minister in the NDA government he proved his mantle and even watched and appreciated keenly by the opposition and thus earned as the most non controversial person of that time. Since he was expelled from the BJP party in the past and not keeping the good rapport with the present government members his news of death also gone silent with few mentions and even at the ISC we failed to mention his death yesterday itself. Nevertheless he acquired the best posts during his stint as the front line politician of those time in BJP and had the good connections with all the top leaders of the party and even maintained dignity .
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is a sad news that a veteran like that passed away and I thank the author for informing this important message to the members in this forum. Jaswant Singh was a military person, an able worker, manager, capable politician, and a reliable person of the party. He held important portfolios during his work tenure. I also join the members to pray for the solace of the soul of the deceased.
    Knowledge is power.

It is sad news, Jaswant Singh first served the country as a soldier, then for a long time with politics. In Atalji's government, he held important portfolios and left his mark in the areas of finance, defense, and foreign affairs. I am saddened by his demise. He will be remembered for his unique perspective on the subjects of politics and society.
    Today we all pray to God for the peace of his soul.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

A name heard several times Major Jaswant Singh, was a major who served the nation for about 9 years initially then making a changeover from the minister of finance, defence and to external affairs yet the service can be remembered for ages, a key person for the BJP government. He was a person who was having more than 30 years of political life. A chairman and member of several committees in both Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha. He was also a writer expressing his travel experiences. He has led a fruitful life in serving the country, India. May his soul rest in peace.
    Lead the leader

My tribute to Jaswant Singh. He was a soldier and a politician of repute. He successfully managed important portfolios in the previous NDA regime under Atal Bihari Vajpayee and was a prominent leader of the BJP. I offer my condolences to his family members and pray to the almighty to give them the strength to recover from the loss. May his departed soul rest in peace.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.