You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

My wisdom is not enough to give me success in TOW contest

ISC is conducting the Thread of the week contest by giving a special topic or phrase for the contest. in the last week of every month. We all are aware of the same. Many members will participate in this contest. Winning this contest will be felt by the members as a great achievement. Many of the members are very intelligent and very wise. They make use of their wisdom and create very interesting threads and win this prestigious award. Many members who are not regular on this section will also try their luck for an award in this contest.

Some times it was mentioned by the Editors that selecting the best among best threads was very difficult to the Jury. That indicates the quality of the threads.

Many times I also tried my luck in this competition. A few times I was successful but many times my name was missing from the list of winners. Whenever I have not seen my name there, I feel that I am not wise enough to create a thread which attracts the attention of the Jury and decide as suitable for a prize. I think that my wisdom is not enough to give me success in TOW contest.

This is my entry for the TOW contest
    Topic based TOW contest for Sept '20- topic-'Wisdom'.
    A very good thread has been chosen by the author, in which he has also narrated his experience through the TOW contest, but Sir I do not agree with you that your wisdom is not enough to give you success in TOW because you are one of the experienced and talented writers of ISC and your contribution on it is also commendable. The ISC has many talented writers and from time to time, they are given various rewards by the ISC based on their performance.
    I believe that a person starts moving towards victory in life when he starts trying to participate in a competition because participating in the contest is also an important step. As far as it comes in the top list, so I believe that winning alone does not determine your Wisdom but when we lose a contest once and again prepare ourselves for the next contest and try again, it is considered the real wisdom, which will definitely win us someday.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

This is very interesting narration. I do not think that month end topic based TOW contest is related to only wisdom. This is a very general exercise of something like writing an essay on a topic and requires knowledge and writing skills which most of the members here possess.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Dr. Rao,
    You misunderstood what is wisdom. Wisdom has nothing to do with raising a good TOW to win a prize. Wisdom means 'Gnan'. In the world, all are not fortunate enough to have wisdom. We can be knowledgeble, but not with wisdom. Wisdom means understanding things completely. Wisdom comes after a lot of experience in life. What is required at ISC is - some knowledge, not vast wisdom to win ISC awards and prizes.

TOW is not an yardstick to check your wisdom. ISC awards for TOW at random. It is a duty performed by ISC. Never mind. Keep posting your threads.

No life without Sun

By the way not winning the tow topics does not mean that the author is not writing the impressive contents to be considered for the awards. When the competition is hot and many are challenging our profess surely we have to be one step ahead and even I feel I am not matching to the English contents of other members still a challenge is also posed from my side. We the elders were studied in our own environment not exposed to superlative type of English language and yet managed to make others understand the need and thoughts of us through the simple usage of the language, And when it comes to tow topics in this site, surely the new members are surging ahead with best contents than us and they are given the chance of winning and we must be happy to feel the fact that we are learning from them as to how to use the words.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments