You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do not pay toll fee if the FASTag scanner is not working.

This information is meant for all vehicle owners who have a FASTag with sufficient cash balance in it. The Government has made it mandatory for all the four-wheelers to have a FASTag to pay at toll gates. When a vehicle passes through a toll gate, the scanner automatically scans the FASTag stuck to the front glass and the amount is deducted from the tag account and the vehicle is allowed through the gate. The tollgate operators sometimes say that the scanner is not working and insisting on the vehicle owners to pay the toll fee in cash. The malfunctioning of the scanner may be true or not.

The Ministry of Transport in its notification clarified that the vehicle owner with a functioning FASTag need not pay if the scanner is not functioning. The tollgate operators at some places are insisting on the vehicle owners to pay in cash as the scanner is not functioning. This is a new scam they are adopting. Beware of such people as the amount will be deducted by scanning and you will also pay cash in such cases. Only after crossing the gate, you come to know that money is deducted from your acoount and also you paid cash. Beware of this scam.
    After reading this news I feel that some scam is going on at the toll gates as the scanner has to perform its functions as the very purpose of having issued the FASTag is lost. It seems the employees posted at the toll gate want to earn some money extra which is not accounted for. In Secunderabad cantoment area if a vehicle pass through goods, it has to pay the toll tax at the check points. But I have seen that vehicles wont obey and they throw the pittance money at the gate operator and fled away. It seems there is a deliberate attempt to fool the fool proof arrangements of the govt and the checking has to be done at various toll gates.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

But the problem is that gate will not open and the green signal will not come. In such a case our vehicle can't go ahead. Once or twice while I was travelling from Hyderabad to Vijayawada I faced this problem. I paid the money. Fortunately, money from my fast tag account was not got deducted. Even though the fast tag is there the gate will not open unless otherwise the money is deposited in their account and gets reflected in their online system,
    People will stand obstructing the path and they will not allow our vehicle to go unless otherwise, we pay the money. In such situation, we feel it is better to pay and go. Some toll gates are having another scanner which is a portable one. If their scanner is not working they are stopping the vehicle and scanning. I experienced this situation also earlier once or twice. Luckily I never paid extra amount.

drrao
    always confident

If the gates wont open and it will do so only after satisfying having received the payment means the very feature and facility of the FASTag is defeated.
    K Mohan @ Moga

What if I say I don't have a single paise with me now, but in bank only. What would be the action and what would be the solution?
    No life without Sun

As per the National Highway Authority of India, a zero transaction receipt has to be issued to a vehicle user who passes through a malfunctioning electronic toll plaza on highways.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

If you are not able to pay the toll tax they can seize the vehicle and keep it at their office beside the toll plaza and will be released after payment.
    K Mohan @ Moga

KVRR and Mohan are having contradicting points. Which is correct? I think KVRR is right and Mohan is wrong.
    Alternatively, the toll booths should have the facility to pay the sum through the bank by swiping a card. When we all have become digital, no hard cash should be demanded at the toll booths.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments