You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Online Education

What is Machine learning?

Machine learning is an application of AI (AI) that gives systems the power to automatically learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. Machine learning focuses on the event of computer programs which will access data and use it learn for themselves.
    Machine Learning in the context of data science and AI refer to the use of neural networks in different areas of data collection, analysing etc. Neural nets are powerful self- learning statistical models based on matrices using complex programming paradigms. These tools have immense applications in the fields of cancer research, quantum computing, evolutionary biology, finance, social trading, asset management, blockchain, computer vision, cosmology and theoretical physics to name a few. It's an interesting area with active research going on both in our country and beyond.

Anuradha, welcome to this educational portal and please go to the help section to learn about the various sections here and scope for you for contributing in them. For example, this is forum section where members put up some issue or matter for discussion (as you have put up) and exchanging knowledge with each other. Similarly there are other sections for other activities. Have a tour of the site and see how the things going in different sections and how the members are contributing there. If you have interest in creative or content writing, you are at a right place. So contribute here and share your knowledge with others and also learn in the process. Please note that this is a highly moderated site and copying or copy-paste is strictly prohibited. You have to write in your own language and that is the only way of learning and composing original writing. So, have a good time in this portal and stay here for a longer period.

Coming back to Machine learning this is a part of AI only where the machine learns itself through accessing to the available data and past intelligent actions. As we all know software is developing at a tremendous pace and the future is going to be AI and IoT combine and Machine learning would be a crucial part of that for increasing the level of AI in real life applications.

Knowledge is power.

These days for me it is more of mobile learning then machine learning. Without using laptop or desktop i have to generate lot of reports through MS-Office, the only means is my mobile. So i learnt a lot of things during this break through periods while i was concentrating more on my job.
    Lead the leader

Hi Anuradha, Welcome to ISC. It seems you have a good knowledge on Machine Learning and want to share it with others. You could write in detail about this topic and post it in ISC's Articles section. One of the editors will review your post and you could earn points and some cash credits. Further, if you would like to bring a discussion about particular thing or topic, you can post in the forum section. I would suggest you to go through the IndiaStudyChannel FAQs and Guidelines to get a better understanding on how to contribute at ISC without making any mistakes. You can post in forum section if you have any queries about anything in ISC.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Welcome, Anuradha to this wonderful education site. It is a site which is useful for you to learn and at the same time you can earn some money also. You can get benefitted by improving your language skills by reading the articles and contributing to all the sections of this site.
    You can go through the following post which will give you a fair idea about the site and help you to contribute more on this site.
    A comprehensive guide for new members..
    Similarly, you can go through India Study Channel Article Section Posting Guidelines

Coming to AI, you go through the following article which gives you some idea about the subject.
    Future of Artificial Intelligence in Education

drrao
    always confident

What is machine learning: In simple language it can be understood in this way : Suppose an expert (human) of Android phone teaches his own son (computer) some part of detail of Android phone and the son performs accordingly but the son is too intelligent that he starts learning himself other details of Android phone by using his intelligence, previous knowledge and experience and does not take help of his father and gradually increases his knowledge about Android phone. This is what we can call it machine learning.

What I would say is - Machine learning is nothing but learning about a system that is working. It could be any system in our life.
    No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments