You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Renowned Kuchipudi Dancer Sobha Naidu is no more

A very famous Kuchipudi exponent Sobha Naidu passed away on Wednesday. She is a very famous dancer.

Ballets Vipranarayana, Kalyana Srinivasam and many other ballets of her are very famous. She donned various roles like Satyabhama, Devadevaki, Padmavathi, Mohini, Sai Baba, and Goddess Parvati which won her great appreciation. she is a recipient of Padma Shri and numerous other awards. She trained many students in her institute in Hyderabad.

She performed at different venues in the US and also performed in countries, including the U.K. Her performances won accolades in all these countries.

She died in Hyderabad in a private hospital while undergoing treatment. My condolences to all her family and I pray God for peace to her soul.
    Very sad to know that eminent dancer and great exponent of modern Kuchupudi dancing Shobha Naidu is no more and in her death we lost a classical dancer who brought name and fame to the united Andhra Pradesh. Who can forget her great forms of dance through Vipranarayana, Kalyana Srinivasam in which her eyes expression were so arresting and the viewers would be stunned with performance. She has been the Aasthana Bharatha Natiya dancer for the Tirumala temple and her performance during festivities and utsavs are well known. Surely she might have created many more students through her dance expertise and training for those who were getting training under her patronage. In her death both the Telugu states lost a talented dancer who brought the Kuchupudi dance with new style formations.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Very Sad. We have lost a great Kuchupudi artist. May her soul rest in peace.
    No life without Sun

It is sad news, she was a great artist who through her art, makes a place in the heart of people, and even after leaving the world, she stays in our memories. My condolences to his family. May her soul rest in peace.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

It is a sad news that such a renowned artist is not there now with us. I also join the members in praying peace for the departed soul.
    Knowledge is power.

It is a sad news that the renowned artist is no more among us but she will remain in the midst of our heart because of her unparalleled performance in the classical dance. The newbies would definitely get inspiration seeing her past performance through YouTube.
    May her soul rest in peace.

• Sign In to post your comments