You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Father of India's Missile Program - Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.

World Students Day is celebrated every year on 15 October. Popularly known as former President and Missileman is the birth anniversary of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. United Nations declared October 15 as World Students Day in 2010. Kalam was not only a politician, an aerospace scientist but also a teacher.

In 1962 he joined the 'Indian Space Research Organization'. Dr. Abdul Kalam has the credit of making India's first indigenous satellite (SLV III) missile as project director. Abdul Kalam is considered the father of India's missile program. On 18 July 2002, Kalam was elected the 11th President of India.

Today through this thread we pay a humble tribute to the country's Missile Man Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam on his birth anniversary.
    On this world science day and birthday of our Former President APJ Abul Kalaam I am taking a bow at the greatest personality of this century who has created a place for himself through his innovative find on missile and made our country self reliant through Missile power. Today India has further penetrated into the missile technology and new ranges are now found to take on any aggression from any side. He was born in Tamil Nadu, had a normal life of a middle class family, and rose to the height of scientist and ultimately chosen as the President of India. He was more dear to the students and always exhorted them to dream big and achieve the same. On this birthday every student must dedicate their studies and hard work to the teachings and preaching of the great person of this soil. He will be always liked and remembered by all.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My salutations to the Missile Man of India, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, the former president of India on the occasion of his birthday. He is the person who started the missile program in India and responsible for the development of many latest missiles in India. He was a down to earth person. When ISRO was started in Trivandrum, Dr Kalam was a scientist and he initiated the work on these missiles. I happened to work with a colleague of Dr Kalam and he used to tell me so many incidents which tell about the working nature of this great personality.
    Earlier days DRDO and ISRO were working parallel on the same subjects. But Dr Kalam bridge the gap and a good understanding has been created between these two organisations.
    More than a scientist and President of India he was a great human being. He was so simple if anyone wants to meet him always he used to respond positively. His writings are very good inspirations to many children. Because he liked students and he loved teaching, his birthday was declared as World Students day by UNO.
    Young people should learn from his life and should follow him. Then we will see a different India.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments