You must Sign In to post a response.
Ever enjoyed college club activities on campus? Here's your opportunity to launch one through a creative story! Closing date is 31st October 2020.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Innovative College Campus Clubs – creative writing contest

Most of us will have joined one or more clubs on campus during our academic years at college and had loads of fun. So let's have a creative story writing contest centered on college clubs.

What you have to do: Imagine a scenario of starting and launching an innovative college club on campus (not online during the pandemic situation). It need not be you who starts the club; it could be any character(s) in your creative story. Make it peppy, with a zing! Cover various aspects, such as coming up with a unique concept for a club, naming it, promotional tactics to get students to join, the activities organized by the club, etc. (just giving a general idea here; you can evolve your own creative ideas).

Do give a link at the end of the story to this thread, to indicate that it is an entry for this contest.

Rules:
    1. Submit your entry in English in Discussion Forums >> About IndiaStudyChannel >> Competition Entries with a suitable title that must include the words 'college club'. Then submit the URL of the entry in a response to this thread.

2. The entry can include as many characters as you wish and you can put names to them, but should be centered on one and only one club. You may include interesting conversations but no slang words, cheap jokes, or any kind of inappropriate content. Remember that the focus should be on the club and its activities. You can even weave into the story your own personal experiences associated with a college club.

3. We are allowing a free rein, with no maximum limit on the words, but avoid over-lengthy text that stretches halfway down the screen page. The entry should not be less than 350 words, though.

4. The entry must include at least one relevant link (not more than two links are allowed) that is related to the club's activities. For example, if it is a club related to electronics, you could give a link to a related course or a training institute. Links to a relevant article or an AE thread, or any other section, are also permitted.

The prizes One or two stories adjudged as the best will get a cash prize of Rs.125/-. A second-prize winner will receive a cash prize of Rs.100/-. Additional prizes/Consolation prizes may also be given. Non-winning entries may be given enhanced points and cash credits.

Closing date of this contest: 31st October 2020.
    My entry for this contest is as mentioned below -
    Memories of my first college club during my college life.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

This is my entry to the writing on college clubs.
    Self governing day and teachers club of my college

K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This is my entry to the contest

Memories of my experience in our college club 'Book Club'

drrao
    always confident

It is a great thing that there is an activity like this. Aside from letting the students let their creative juices out, it also exposes those who have a talent in writing. It is also nice that there is a cash price so that the students will work hard on it.

UtagawaAki,

Yes, we have such contests from time to time to let members showcase their creative writing skills. It is not just for students, though. Any member of this site is welcome to submit an entry, and we hope you do, too.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

My entry for the contest-
    Our Music Club- politically motivated but culturally activated.

'Knowledge is knowing what to say. Wisdom is knowing when to say it.' -Anonymous

My entry for this contest.

my experience with helping hand

Today is the closing date of this contest. It is hoped more entries come in.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Here is my entry for Innovative College Campus Clubs – creative writing contest:

Earth Campus Club: The Environment Saviour

Here is my entry for this contest -
    Delivering my first academic lecture in a college science club.

Knowledge is power.

My entry:

Dream college club of creative excellence

shampasaid

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.